RS3 Discussion Thread

Im sure I will be able to secure one of the last builds somehow.

David

Problem is though Ry is that the RS3 weighs about 100kg more than the TT!

Problem is though Ry is that the RS3 weighs about 100kg more than the TT!

hopefully Audi willl stop being mugs and make a 3 door in manual... should make up for the 100kg possibly?? id imagine DSG box is rather heavier than manual? (could be totally wrong) not sure if the added doors make for more weight??

it seems they are good at afterthoughts.. i saw a TTRS for sale today with DSG box... which Audi added to the line so why they cant/wont do the reverse with the RS3 beats me...

If you're interested, the options available are more or less the same price as the S3. A couple of highlights:

- If you like the idea of the matt aluminium styling package (I don't) that's an extra £680
- The lovely (ahem!) black alloys with red plastic inserts are £175

If you're interested, the options available are more or less the same price as the S3. A couple of highlights:

- If you like the idea of the matt aluminium styling package (I don't) that's an extra £680
- The lovely (ahem!) black alloys with red plastic inserts are £175

until they release a proper drivers version im totally uninterested in the RS3

until they release a proper drivers version im totally uninterested in the RS3

To be honest, only the R8 and RS4 could really be classed as "proper drivers" cars. It appears they've gone back to the "bad old days" with the RS5 which isn't a patch on the RS4 it's effectively replacing and, whilst the RS3 will no doubt be a good car, the A3 has never had the handling to compete with the best out there and I seriously doubt the RS3 will be any different.

The RS3 will just be too much money for what it is IMHO, but each to their own. Personally I'd take a used RS4 over a new RS3 any day of the week.

Yes but the RS3 is always on the cards if it proves to be good that is. However as I get the Porsche CS next week, maybe I will never go back..... I do know however where my roots lie and will always hang around this forum. Been around here for too long :)

I will give my opinions on my second porsche experience next week ( Snow depending )

Dave

Yes but the RS3 is always on the cards if it proves to be good that is. However as I get the Porsche CS next week, maybe I will never go back..... I do know however where my roots lie and will always hang around this forum. Been around here for too long :)

I will give my opinions on my second porsche experience next week ( Snow depending )

Dave

:), Audi ftw then

no-exterior-uk.png

£45k with options I'd go with, no panoramic sunroof though? I couldn't find it anyway...

Looks pretty good in black though, once they get a black out grill on it that will look mean!!

£45k with options I'd go with, no panoramic sunroof though? I couldn't find it anyway...

Looks pretty good in black though, once they get a black out grill on it that will look mean!!

Here' a pic of a black RS3 with a black grill :thumbsup::

zie4zm.png

Wonder how much the front bumper will be, lmao!! :sly:

haha hasnt the RS got flared archs tho... could be a right pain! on top of doing a full front face lift :(

And those flared arches are supposedly made out of carbon fibre, if true you would be looking at mega bucks if you go to audi . Reason being I went to ask audi about the TTRS engine cover near the induction system and it was £1000 for the carbon fibre and £5 for the plastic variant! :scared2:

And those flared arches are supposedly made out of carbon fibre, if true you would be looking at mega bucks if you go to audi . Reason being I went to ask audi about the TTRS engine cover near the induction system and it was £1000 for the carbon fibre and £5 for the plastic variant! :scared2:

:faint:

Hehe, I won't be going down that route anytime soon I can tell ya, was just kidding... Although the grill is another story :eyebrows:

I think it looks pretty lame for £45K even though I know as a machine it will be awesome.

Happen to agree tbh if I'm really honest, as much as I'd like to believe in the brand, there are a fair few questions hanging over audi these days for me, reliability is one, S & RS branded car design is another, bland being the word of one I'd use & have done for ages, lets be honest, the S3 in looks isnt exactly a Cayman is it.

Cue Paul.

I agree I'd never personally throw 45k @ it, but each to their own. I will say it looks a shedload better in black and probably better still in person.... Well... You know what I mean!

Nah ***** one in middle looking for his braces

Told you. Knew it was him because I know he can't push his arms by the side of his body.

Why would you need them, its an RS3 ***, even the fog would clear for that car................................

Lol Nige!

This car is growing on me I gotta say, seen a few more pics of it and it does look the biz, although still not inspiring enough to part ways with 45 imho

LOL.

it will legally need to have a rear one but yes, no front ones. TBH, ive only ever used/needed mine once in two years of owning the car.

Am I reading the cost of those nice quilted leather bucket seats correctly??....

Bucket seats in fine nappa leather, manual ajustment: £2045
+
Design package, fine nappa leather with quilted diamond design: £2895

=£4940! :huh:

**** ME!!!! I am not going to slag the RS3 off just because I have now got a cayman S BUT I just roughly spec'd one up to match what my S3 had on. It came to circa £45-46K!!!!! Thats absolutely riduculous!!!!

If anyone pays that they want there head seeing too. As good as it maybe there is no way its worth that amount of money. I agree it would be awesome but should be 40K all in.

On a side note today was my first go in the cayman S, although I have no teeth left with the harsh ride, honestly you must all go and drive a cayman S. I know some people can't have a 2 seater but please listen to other peopls comments when they say cayman S is a very good handling car / engine.

I'm not one for boasting at all so please don't take this post the wrong way! Just my update for the day.

Dave

Whatever the rs3 drives like, it cannot match the caymanS. Ok, that does it. Lets make another CaymanS Vs RS3 thread!:p