Help needed

DragonDubz

Reaction score
I am in need of some help with the factory bluetooth kit. Just got my 2004 s4 cabriolet which came with the RNS-E but no phone kit so i got a kit from ebay and connected it in as the wiring diagram said. Now when i first powered it up i could connect my phone and would show on the bottom of the screen that was connected had signal and the network but i could not operate it from the RNS-E. So i recoded and now it comes up on the screen i can answer and end calls but that is all. I have also noticed that its lost the network from the bottom of the screen and i am not able to save numbers or any of the options in the memory screen like phonebook etc. Another thing is that it does not come up on the drivers display either now. I have searched the net looking for answers but they all seem to say that i need to go to option 77 to code it but it will not let me open it to do anything with it. Hope someone out there can help me with this as i have tried everything and seem to be stuck now.

sounds like a code issue to me
have you connected all the wires can etc ?

i have got this rns-e in mine and i had to reset it brfore it would let me find it on my phone as they can only have 4 paid have you had a look at that i just googled how to reset it

As far as i know all wires ok double checked and have connected can high and low the k line etc etc. Yes i reset it a couple of times the first time i did it was when i lost the network logo from the bottom. Just thought the other thing i just remembered is that the radio station on the drivers display keeps going on and off to not sure if this is anything to do with it. Thanks for the help so far.