No AM Radio

cbf11

Yeaaaah Baby :-)
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2004 Final Edition Audi A6. I am unable to get AM radio however the FM is completely fine. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to the problem and what part I will need to rectify this, Thanks in advance..

Owen

Check the aerial base at the back of the car. There is an amplifier built into it, if it fails seems to affect AM a lot more.

Karl.

Karl

Is it a fairly simple job to do. I'm a novice so wouldn't know what the Amp would look like. is the amplifier attached to the pcb board. Have you any pictures of it cheers..

The complete PCB board is the amplifier. Water can get in causing corossion. Have you checked the Whip aerial looks OK. Do you have a saloon or Estate. Usually easier to take the aerial out on an estate car.

Karl.

The complete PCB board is the amplifier. Water can get in causing corossion. Have you checked the Whip aerial looks OK. Do you have a saloon or Estate. Usually easier to take the aerial out on an estate car.

Karl.

Thanks Karl

I have the estate version....I will have a look and get back to you...Cheers..The aerial was replaced last year and the rubber seal around the aerial mount appears intact. I'm thinking of replacing the aerial with a shark fin I guess this is pretty straightforward..

Owen