WILL S3 8P HONEYCOMB FOG GRILLS FIT A3 8P SLINE

Jodiegreig

Reaction score
I'm hoping to fit s3 honeycomb grills attached to my a3 sline which i've fitted the rs3 grill to also. Any ideas if these are like for like or options i have for matching my fog lights to my honeycomb grill?

Thanks

Attachments

• s3 grills.jpg
    s3 grills.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_3369[1].jpg
    IMG_3369[1].jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,250
Did they fit?
Thanks

Paul

No they need an s3 bumper to fit. I mentioned in my previous posts that I was going to attempt to make my own honeycomb grilles using the a3 ones, but I haven't got round to doing it yet! Hopefully get it done this year and update on here how it went

Sounds good mate, look forward to seeing that. I'd had the thought the other day about turning my standard grill into a honeycomb but don't know how big of a job it would be. Thanks for the reply.

Sounds good mate, look forward to seeing that. I'd had the thought the other day about turning my standard grill into a honeycomb but don't know how big of a job it would be. Thanks for the reply.
To be honest i don't think it would be nearly as difficult as the fog grilles because your surround will give you the perfect template and the joint of the mesh and surround will be hidden when it's on! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to seal the mesh to the fog grille and make it look flush to the eye! I got an rs3 oem grill on ebay that just needed a quick buff and resrayed for £175! Let me know how you get on with the grill. Might be able to give each other a few pointers along the way

You did well to get one for £175, I'll have to keep an eye on eBay and see if anything comes up cheap enough and save me a job. As for the seal on a DIY grill I'm worried that by fitting it over the back of the frame and sealing it in place will leave the grill looking too deep of you know what I mean. Obviously I don't want it flush like you would the fog grills but somewhere inside the frame. Just need to look into how to seal it. Will let you know anyway. Good luck.