Badger5JMB Retrofits
    S3 Drift King!

Status

Exclamation No parking no business?

How many times have you wanted to go to your local shops to find no parking spaces and then drive off without buying anything?

I'm finding the local shop owners to be of the clueless variety, chipshop owner next door has a BMW 5-series and he parks round the back(thank god), but his worker own an B6 A4 and parks outside when there's room round the back. Two more doors over is the local spar shop, they have a BMW 5-series, Pug 407 SW(Estate) and Pug 106 all parked outside, tenants just moved in to my right owns 2 cars parked outside.... basically, the whole road is occupied by people who either work or live here!
    I invested in block and slab paving round the back of my shop insist all my workers park round the back or walk to work to make way for customers, and there's no suprise that business picks up after 8pm when the spar shop closes.

Just a bit annoyed with it all!

End of rant.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Feck me son your on a roll of rants atm huh, lol, but fair ones aswell.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Feck me son your on a roll of rants atm huh, lol, but fair ones aswell.
    Yes, I think my 38 day, no days off shift is taking it's toll on me after 16 days, only 3 weeks and a day to go before I have a day off....

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    As a customer there is nothing more annoying than not being able to park if you you are in a rush for something. You would assume other owners would want custom and think abit about where they leave their cars, sounds like a garage forecourt by you! Hope you get it and the other stuff sorted! Sit down and relax for 10 mins!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    My mum and dad have the same issue on the isle of wight with their/our chip shop!

Parking is difficult, fortunatly most of the staff bus or walk to work and their is parking behind the shop for customers.

But on a busy night like friday or saturday, everyone parks outside the shop on the double yellow lines and watches for the traffic wardens.

The shop is on a busy corner between two very busy roads!

Lucky for us it has never really affected custom as most of our customers are locals, we get a few tourists, but the food sells its self, people travel many miles passing other chippies to come to us! as everything is cooked to order and made the same day!!
    Last edited by Dazmo; 14th June 2010 at 17:31.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Lucky for us it has never really affected custom as most of our customers are locals, we get a few tourists, but the food sells its self, people travel many miles passing other chippies to come to us! as everything is cooked to order and made the same day!!
    Yes, an established will always have trade regardless of parking issues, it's not so much that trade is effected as such, just annoying that a road where there is suppose to be 7 spaces only offers one or two, unless people are willing to park further up the road and walk it down, which lets face it, most people are too lazy to do with the hassle after a long day at work...

Just the annoyance of it happening before my eyes I guess, even though it's not actually my problem.

S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

Status
    I agree with the issue although the issue only exists because it's the shop-owners' cars taking up 'customer spaces'. I wouldn't expect it stops someone going to a shop for whatever they need coz hey, you go coz you need it, lol. But if you find a parking space occupied by an shop-owner's car, regardless of whether or not it would have been occupied anyway by another customer, you'd be right to be irked! Why: coz it makes bloody sense to leave spaces for your customers - especially if your regulars know what car you drive.

I feel like I'm ranting now - empathy!
    ~ The Maestro ~

• S3 MTM (Current)
    • A4 Avant S-Line 3.0L TDI
    • A4 Avant S-Line 2.0L TDI

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Jo

I totally agree with you, I hate going to a shop where there are no spaces, also I know of families that have shops and take up all the spaces at the front with their cars, whats the sense in that, do you not realise what effect this has on your business?????

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Jo

I totally agree with you, I hate going to a shop where there are no spaces, also I know of families that have shops and take up all the spaces at the front with their cars, whats the sense in that, do you not realise what effect this has on your business?????
    Maybe so, but if it were your shop and you had no off road parking where would you park?

And remember if it were not for the shop owners parking there, perhaps they would end up having neighbours and other random cars parking there, so why not make the most of them.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Up the owls!

Status
    I noticed this at PC World on Sunday morning. Big retail park, big store, yet all the staff were parking on the front row right outside the door. If this was my store the staff would be made to park at the back!!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    I noticed this at PC World on Sunday morning. Big retail park, big store, yet all the staff were parking on the front row right outside the door. If this was my store the staff would be made to park at the back!!
    Absolutely, bad management that!