Vuvuzela.

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
So far this world cup Ive only watched the England match and that was in a pub so couldnt really hear the TV anyway. Over the weekend I noticed all the stories in the press of how people were moaning about Vuvuzelas (Plastic horns blown by fans) and to be honest I couldnt really see what the fuss is about seeing as they are 'traditional' I guess its a case of when in Rome.....

HOWEVER I've just tried to watch the Netherlands vs Denmark game at home and could only manage 5 minutes of it, what a fooking racket totally ruined the game, no atmosphere at all! And that numpty Sepp Blatter says he isnt gonna ban them as its South Africas World Cup, no it isnt its for the whole WORLD and your just fishing for votes for the next Fifa Presidential election because your despised across Europe! :(

YOU TW*T!

lol, fraid you have to learn to tune them out! Its easy, imagine its the missus nagging lol! :haha:

Seriously though, ive never heard anything like them, its just continual! Awful noise!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, they are here to stay, they are drowning out the fan chants apparently, and the french are moaning they can't shout at each other during the match, hence their poor performance in the game.

imagine its the missus nagging lol!

No chance, that mental head ****** was shown the door last month, just me and Lady Palm...

But yeah totally agree it is pretty much continual and god dam awful...

LOL....apparently the BBC are going to do some red button thing where it cuts that sound out, I dont know how they are going to do this, but hey ho....

I cant stand the noise either, I hate wasps/bees and thats exactly what they sound like!!!!!

perhaps they could just do the commentary 'on station' and delete the noise at the stadium? or do as I do and read a book until the whole nuisance has finished?

No chance, that mental head ****** was shown the door last month, just me and Lady Palm...

Most likely the best way mate!

And as for the vavavavualezas, they don't bother me too much yet. I have only watched about 3 games though. I think they should be allowed prematch, half time and post match though. The fans shouting gives enough atmosphere in any game of football.

Now the bad news, they have just invented a louder one, the Kudizela (?))
And they are expecting them to take off over here when the season starts later in the year.