My new sign for other motorists

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well. After 13 months of a new bypass round about and junction being added to a local road, I have grown so sick and tired of being beeped at, sworn at, brake tested and tailgated that I have made a sign.

It says, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

I will upload photos later on of the sign, but before I do, as an impartial crowd (;));

Two lanes approaching a roundabout.
Two exits; straight on (A road) and left onto the dual carriage way that they are extending.

Soon to have a third exit (right) to carry on the dual carriage way bypass. Pictures;

The approach to the roundabout;

1-1.jpg

The current dual carriage way

2-2.jpg

The soon to be new entrance to the ongoing carriage way bypass;

3-1.jpg

Now, the road signs are no longer there, so don't show which lane you are meant to be in. But still, 90% of people get it right, WTF is up with the other 10%?????????

JESUS H CHRIST!

I think the cider drinking, 4x4 driving, balding, tatoo'd, 40 year old chav that yelled "nob head" out of his window this afternoon was the final straw.

I'm looking forward to seeing the sign.

(in my rear view mirror) hehe ;)

Aha, Alderley Edge by pass....., I know this quite well and the approach from Whitehall bridge (IIRC). Yes, the left lane is a feeder for the Handforth by pass, so I guess now the white arrows have been removed, it's a free for all and a race to go straight ahead which is only single lane!! Honk honk a plenty a bet now. Still the new road should be open soon. Our friends in Cheshire East Council (bridges) are working well.

Surely they should have temp signs up! Maybe they are waiting for Dyl to return to sort it out lol.

And the arrows may still be there? James are they still there??? Use more recent pics that Google have.

Lets see your sign lol

Last edited:
I was expecting some form of fingers sticking up, lmfao, when I read this title

OT: Sarah, I'm a Male, well was when I last looked :jester:

ATM yes I do, until she pops her head out in August, baby that is, pmsl

haa haa is that the excuse you use!! I'd best not say anything lol....enjoy!!

August..aw! not too long now but then its sleep dep lol but worth it! Keep in there tiger!!

Its a mans holy graile lol! And nowt wrong with that but sometimes some women are better:whip: lol

Lol at the spam ;)

Forgot to update this with photos. Sarah; there are no signs for the correct lane, but 90% of people are from around here and therefore carry on as normal.

It's the fooking foreigners (to the area, I'm not being racist) that get it wrong and all hell breaks loose when they get stuck half way round and ten cars pass them on the inside without letting them in!

So where are the sign pictures then? And the spam in this thread is top notch!!!! I just laughed at my desk at work, always good!

Its a mans holy graile lol! And nowt wrong with that but sometimes some women are better:whip: lol

They do say drinking from the cup....................................or is that another phrase, figure of speech, ah sod it you get me girl lmfao.