Rant

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today I was driving up to a big roundabout in the outside lane and a small van was on the inside,I was taking the first exit which eventually goes into one lane and I know the road like the back of my hand,got onto the roundabout and vanman decides to drive in a straight line,I had to put my foot down as he veered near me and waited for the impact..must of been inches! got on the straight and he flashed me and even gave me a Nescafe sign,now I don't do roadrage but this herbert nearly hit me so I gave him the vees and I motioned his action of veering,traffic made me slow down and he kept well away (he must of realised his mistake)

What scares me most is a lot of these types of drivers do not realise what they have done. They assume the straight line or middle lane ( on a 2 lane roundabout) and the best you can do is either hang back or whisk through.

I hate having to expect the moron to make an error, but they usually do unfortunatly.I assumed it was all personal and aimed at me...

Apparently not !!

Good save Jase

I hate having to expect the moron to make an error

Exactly; which only goes to show how many people there are on the road making so many near-fatal mistakes. You know how it is, every dual-lane roundabout where you're on the outside, you watch the driver next to you wander across your invisible line. Do they realise - as you slow down and watch them cut you up - no they ****** don't. Sometimes, in a dreamy part of my brain, I wish I had a crappy old white van just to give em a deserved nudge.

I wish I had air horns to frighten the bejesus outta them

Its worse up here. Dont have motorways and very little dualcarriage ways so lane discipline is terrible here. Straightest line possible is the way forward here. Hard to pull out on roundabouts as people go from one lane to another without reason other than its easier to drive straight.

Jase, glad it was a guy and not a woman! But yup maybe alot need some refresher driving courses!

Oh yes, TRAIN HORNS! That's the way to go! AWESOME! I'm spending far too much time already thinking about installing them to be considered sane!

Jase, glad it was a guy and not a woman! But yup maybe alot need some refresher driving courses!
to be fair I'd not treat the driver any different
Oh yes, TRAIN HORNS! That's the way to go! AWESOME! I'm spending far too much time already thinking about installing them to be considered sane!
they sound a good way to go