Some people live in a different world - Number plate related!!!!! lols

Ronburgandy

Taking it back OLD SKOOL
Reaction score
Right,

I fancy a change of plate for the s3 so Ive been looking about for a bit,

Im only going down the common s3 *** route which is cheap and looks ok!

My names Adam so anything AD* or A*M would be cool but Ive got other ideas also!

Now.............................

I look on ebay and someone has S3 MAC up for £4500!!! LOL! there are also a few other jokers out there too!

Apparently s3 MAC is RARE! hahaha

wel admittedly there is only one of that registration, however RARE is the wrong term to use, Individual maybe!!!!

You can buy S3 registrations from the DVLA for £250, so the greed of wanting £4500 and how Nieve the person may be makes me laugh and want to shout!

If it belongs to anyone reading this sorry, but you are having a laugh!!!!!

Ad

i was in the same situation as you a while ago and got a great plate from dvla for £250

if you give them a ring they have lots more plates that arent on there site or any others

Numberplates are a personal thing to some, and are worth as much as you are willing to pay for it! My mate just paid £12k for a reg that spells his last name with tweaking of the letters, bad spacing maybe... He knew he was paying over the odds for it, but he said it's a plate for life, and he could afford it, so why not?!

S3 MAC could may well be worth £4.5k to Mr. MAC whose worth £5m and just purchased himself an Audi S3 to go to the supermarket with.

S3 MAC could may well be worth £4.5k to Mr. MAC whose worth £5m and just purchased himself an Audi S3 to go to the supermarket with.

Really though?!

It seems so ridiculous!

so If I buy S3JFK or something and I put it up for £4500 and told all of you I paid £250 for it, you wouldnt be like................what a joker?!

I can see the point your making but £250 - £4500 hes made a £4250 profit of F all!!! lol

Why not just change your name so the initials are the same as your reg plate?:shrug:

Sidibears money saving tip no7

I have always thought about getting a plate but its just something more to be noticed by and then you end up losing your name and are then reffered to as your number plate...lol!!

Have to say though that there are some good ones out there and when done right can look really good on the right car, or if you know the meaning behind it.

ahh really.. cool.. yeh i knew about that age thing, just wonderd if i was aloud that style. ahh cool that opens up some options! :)

If paying lots for a plate then I'd advise against getting a car related one - Its funny how many M3's you see with M5 n umber plates etc, as much as i'm sure you love your S3 i'm sure its not a car for life.

I originally got my plate for my other car but decided to put it on the S3, i've never done anything to a car that has got me so much attention and comments and it didn't even cost me a fortune, plus i've been offered £3k for it in the past which is also nice to know hould I ever get skint lol

Why is someone mad for spending 12k on a plate? A mate's dad had two SLRs. One in silver, one in black. He couldn't decide at the dealership, so ordered both. . . the silver one was up for sale about 3 months after being delivered because "the black one looks meaner".

There are people out there with more money than they know what to do with . . .

Why is someone mad for spending 12k on a plate? A mate's dad had two SLRs. One in silver, one in black. He couldn't decide at the dealership, so ordered both. . . the silver one was up for sale about 3 months after being delivered because "the black one looks meaner".

If you can afford it, why not?

If you can afford it, why not?

not sure if its the same guy but martin on here with the 8P sprint blue S3 has the number plate S3 MAC so maybe he is selling it, aint seen him for a while on here too so maybe he has got rid of the S3. £4.5 does seem a bit steep.