Badger5Sky Insurance
    6th Gear

Status

A fine for riding my mountain bike... can this actualy happen??

Right, Ive been a fan of biking for as long as i can remember so i decided to get back into it, The problems im having is the small group of us that want to go out regular are having problems to go localy. ye we do put them in the car and take off at the weekend but the local runs are the problem.
    Today was almost an identical day as the others...
    We found an area of woodland. PUBLIC wood land, Headed out to check it out... One of the lads with us had been in many a time a few years back with no problems... this time however we got stopped, swarn at and told it was ilegal to ride in "their woods" we said there was no sign saying we couldnt go in. The woman in question said ive taken your pictures and i will be showing it to the "wood warden" and you will get a fine !
    How can this be ? There used to be no problems with the woods but now we have been out lawed.
    If there are not signs on ALL the ways into the woods this can not be whats going to happen?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Dont know about where you live as the tresspass law is different in Scotland but I'd have thought some signs would have been required at least.

Wood Warden? I'm sure your quaking in your boots at the prospect of him issuing you a fine, does he go upload you photos into his massive computer system & it spits out your address????

Did you give her permission to take your photo? forceably detain you? cause breach of peace by swearing at you? Its a funny old world..
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Status

A fine for riding my mountain bike... can this actualy happen??

Tell woody to do one

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    What a load of rubbish, all made up I can assure you. Don't waste any more energy even thinking about the 'fine'!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Are the paths running through the woods foot paths or bridleways?.

You cant ride on footpaths (yellow arrow in a circle on the gate posts) but you can ride on a bridleway.

Either way, I wouldnt worry about the idiot you spoke to but just check the classification of the footpaths before going back. If its bridleway then go armed with better knowledge than that 'do-gooder' and tell them where to go
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

A3 2.0 TDI SE

Status
    Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    yeah see that woman.... shes just a bitter old c**t that is probably just lookng to argue with people! My guess is that she is trying one on you so that in future she doesnt get ''hassel'' from cyclists! i wouldnt worry about it mate! id find out where she lives and cycle outside her door!! haha

Chugger

Status
    hahaha brilliant, does the wood warden look anything like this

shes just trying to blag you, best just ignoring them
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

6th Gear

Status
    Wood warden, lol

What is it, sleepy hollow! does the guy walk around with an axe and target cyclist heads.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    check your local authority for cycle routes, you may find the woods are on one and shes just fed up and trying to blag you off! She cant do anything, neither can 'wood wardens' lol, wonder if they look like Dads army ones lol! But if its a footpath as said above, stay off them and stick to bridle paths and cycle ways!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    hahaha brilliant, does the wood warden look anything like this

shes just trying to blag you, best just ignoring them

pmfsl!

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

Status
    Like Tom said - you can only ride on a bridleway (marked with blue arrows). Riding on a footpath (yellow) could result in prosecution, however it's all down to the landowners descretion. If it's owned by an organisation such as the Woodlands Trust/Wildlife Trust etc. they'll normally just point out that you're on a footpath and could you stick to that route over there please. TBH though the only time I've known the Glos. Wildlife Trust (I volunteer for them) to take legal action was with a bloke who insisted on not using footpaths and got abusive when asked to use them...
    Cheap and Reliable is not Fast. Cheap and Fast is not Reliable. Fast and Reliable is not Cheap!

I MISS MY LCR!

Status
    like the others have said, i dont think they can do anything without signs warning you that you either on a footpath or private land. my local woods has just been taken over by the local parish, and they are trying to stop bikers going through. they have placed large logs across runs (too big to bunny hop over) so annoying, they have just started to put signs and arrows up.
    just ignore them flip them the bird and ride on.

also noticed a sign in another woods near me with the bylaws on there and one point said "people found cycling off the routes instructed will be fined 50p" yes it actually said 50p!!!
    we pissed our self and just said id gladly pay the fine as the instructed routes are ****.
    "what u guna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that truck"

6th Gear

Status
    just watch for people putting fishing wire between trees!!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

I MISS MY LCR!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    just watch for people putting fishing wire between trees!!
    lol i know somebody who got a telling off from the police for that across the road. kids a lol
    "what u guna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that truck"

6th Gear

Status
    Don't worry about it, Tell her to do one and poke it where the sun doesn't shine

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com