40mph drivers ( no matter where they are) ggrrrr

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
OK for about 5miles i sat behind a driver doing 40mph or less on a main road, i couldnt pass as there was alot of traffic but i realised that i reconised the car and the driver,( total tosspot from my area) hes one of those drivers that sits at 4omph everywhere he goes including 30zones so i got a chance to pass him right before going into a 30mph zone and i dropped down to 15mph ( i was a w*nk*r for doin so but he held me up so ill hold him up)

well he didnt like this as i was crawling threw a long village at 15mph and he tries to overtake me so i speed up a little untill a big line of cars come then i drop down again!
i turn off down a back road to my house to my surprise i see the car now tailing me. lol i stop at my house and he tried to have a go at me and starts to swear and rant at me. lol i told him that i had a wheel brace in my boot that i can use for more reasons than 1. well he quickly got the hint! ****** !!

rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
You sound like a bit of a pillock....

reminds me of the 'balls of steel' programme where the bloke drove his car with a megaphone on top in front of a tractor at snail pace shouting how do you like it,was hilarious

OK for about 5miles i sat behind a driver doing 40mph or less on a main road, i couldnt pass as there was alot of traffic but i realised that i reconised the car and the driver,( total tosspot from my area) hes one of those drivers that sits at 4omph everywhere he goes including 30zones so i got a chance to pass him right before going into a 30mph zone and i dropped down to 15mph (maybe i was a ****** for doin so but he held me up so ill hold him up)

well he didnt like this as i was crawling threw a long village at 15mph and he tries to overtake me so i speed up a little untill a big line of cars come then i drop down again!
i turn off down a back road to my house to my surprise i see the car now tailing me. lol i stop at my house and he tried to have a go at me and starts to swear and rant at me. lol i told him that i had a wheel brace in my boot that i can use for more reasons than 1. well he quickly got the hint! ****** tosser!!

rant over

I agree with you Supanova mate - I live in a small town/village and have to sit behind a tool that drives like a mug at 40mph on a 60mph road, then plows through a small village (30mph) at 40 still, with kids running around on narrow pavements etc.

I also had a mug try and overtake me - Outside a primary school (30mph) in a small village - I'd have given the pr*ck a few words but they're not worth it...

I don't hang around in the 60mph roads - but when you're going through a small rural village, you should show respect.

I had to smile reading your thread .......

Not sure if its just me but EVERY Nissan Note I get stuck behind seems incapable of doing no more than 25mph no matter what the posted speed limit is !!!.....

I don't like public threats of violence. I too get annoyed by the 40 MPH drivers, but suffice to say i have never had to take a wheel wrench to one, i usually overtake and mutter to my self.

PS i edited some of the swearing from the inital thread, thanks

lol sorry byzan! i didnt realize i was swearing that much haha! i get so hot headed when it comes to stupid drivers! lol not sayin im a smart or good driver but i know i dont normally hold people up.... well apart from the above occasion! ahah

4omph drivers do my dome in 2 espailly when its a 60 limit..
@johnboyc i agree to bout the nissan drivers (micras) going so slow,do them drivers of micras not know there cars can go over 25mph!

i ot stuck behind one in a 60 limit then when I overtook him, totally safely, he flashed his lights at me and waved his arms about. So I stopped and he didn`t know what to do.

Yes its just crazy this is so common. Saw one today. 40mph on main 60mph road and then carried on at 40mph through the 30 zone...Boils my blood.

I got overtaken by a landrover in a 30. I was doing 30 and then when the 30 turned into a 60 he just sat at 45....Swine.

happens to me quite often, its even worse when you overtake (safely and legally) and they give you the fingers and flash at you etc its amazing what slamming the brakes on can achieve at them moments. i too am a pillock lol

I have to agree, I drive through areas where the speed can change from a 50 to an NSL to 40, but what do these people do, 50.....all the way!!!

In the NSL and then in the 40!!!

Now i am very wary of the speed I am doing in areas I dont know, as I dont want points or fines, but these roads have BIG clear signs that tell you what the speed is!!!

Feel your pain.

Sometimes its just best to hold yr head high and keep yr coolio.. but i know exactly what yr saying dude.. im sick of little toss-pots screaming through our village it's just a matter of time before one of the local kid's gets it.. but it should be law that on an open rd you do the speed limit not just any cruzing speed bellow or up to it.. as it can cause the drivers behind to get a little upset to say the least.

ive also come across 2 cars in the last week doing 40 on the motorway, not towing just rolling along at 40 without a care in the world. They caused some right problems

those Getz things are always in my way... driving like wkrs everywhere. I have places to go..... its not sunday... fk off home and watch all the antiques road shows you have recorded on your VCR.

im with you on this 1 nova.

I drive from Teesside to Whitby on the North East coast on a daily basis and witness this annoying problem daily, the problem is mainly that the speed limit drops to 50mph for a section then increases to NSL but people seem to miss the sign and stick at 50mph.

What drives me mad more than some numpty going slower than the speed limit are people who will gladly sit on the car in fronts bumper for miles and not take advantage of the very few safe overtaking places, i'm usually quite laid back but during tourist season i'm usually ready to kill someone by the time I get home.

I get soooo much grief from the missus for my road rage! LOL.

OK - it's not something to be proud of, but people who do 25 in a 40, or 40 in a 60 drive me utterly spazzo.

What I need is stinger missiles behind the headlights (James Bond style) and just blow them up and be done with them....

I hate 40mph drivers (there are 1000s around my area).

I hate people that hint at violence* for such minute actions even more.

*road rage, tailgating, getting out and hinting at a punch up, wheel brace quote above.

how nice of him to call me that! hahah :crying:

Meh for me personally I ask myself why get so angry you're gonna follow a driver for so far then prolly never see them again for the rest of your life...

If you get furious in the space of a few minutes because you cant get your own way maybe you need to examine any underlying issues in your life...

Just start your journey a few minutes earlier, that old guy doing 40 in a 50 is prolly someones grandfather who has paid taxes all his life and might even fought in a war or two, probably has as much a right to drive slightly slower than the rest of us as we have to go slightly faster than the limit allows occasionally. I do courier work in a Sprinter around central london one day week (cash in hand thank you mister taxman) the traffics terrible every c*nts out to get me I could kill ten muppets a day easily but I dont just mutter under my breath...

I smile, I let people out of junctions, I oogly the talent thats out there dressed in very little now the sunny weather has arrived while listening to some random techno, Ive got it good a lot of people havent and lifes too short. :)

Meh for me personally I ask myself why get so angry you're gonna follow a driver for so far then prolly never see them again for the rest of your life...

If you get furious in the space of a few minutes because you cant get your own way maybe you need to examine any underlying issues in your life...

Just start your journey a few minutes earlier, that old guy doing 40 in a 50 is prolly someones grandfather who has paid taxes all his life and might even fought in a war or two, probably has as much a right to drive slightly slower than the rest of us as we have to go slightly faster than the limit allows occasionally. I do courier work in a Sprinter around central london one day week (cash in hand thank you mister taxman) the traffics terrible every c*nts out to get me I could kill ten muppets a day easily but I dont just mutter under my breath...

I smile, I let people out of junctions, I oogly the talent thats out there dressed in very little now the sunny weather has arrived while listening to some random techno, Ive got it good a lot of people havent and lifes too short. :)

lol works van + random techno music + skimpy dressed women + london = Fun!! love it!

Well said Unk - Appart from the Techno bit... :tocktock:

It's not the 40 in the 60 as i'll wait to overtake - It's the 40 in the 30 in a small rural town/village that gets me!

As my Mum says "They're in your life for a few minutes" :)

The worst are the ones who speed near schools! Ok, its annoying they are under the limit and like most I get really frustrated but hey as said above, life is too short to get stressed over something that last a few mins. Open the windows, crank up the music and relax .......

And yeh the warmer weathers here woohooo!!! lol, bye bye winter woolies lol

sarah.. there some Gimp in his LCR who has a kid at my sons skool.. and for some reason he always drives it like a ****! grates me somthing rotten!! Im a quick driver (get to the limit as quick as poss) but in built up areas/skools your just asking for trouble. they should all be banned!

sarah.. there some Gimp in his LCR who has a kid at my sons skool.. and for some reason he always drives it like a ****! grates me somthing rotten!! Im a quick driver (get to the limit as quick as poss) but in built up areas/skools your just asking for trouble. they should all be banned!

Think all areas have them! I'm like you I do have a heavy right foot lol but have total respect for schools and villages! Would love to have a stinger lol, and see their little faces when the tyres pop!!! haa haa

lol works van + random techno music + skimpy dressed women + london = Fun!! love it!

Thats me in a nutshell whilst driving, techno, AC on, and just relax...And checking the ladies out (Then realising the gf is giving me the evilist evil eyes) LOL

I have lost my cool on many occasions before, and has always caused more grief than I need! Lifes full of enough cr@p. Without adding to it with someone I have never even spoke to or met before!

Also, SupaNova, I would swerve pulling outside your house in the future when this sort of stuff happens that close to home....Just asking for someone to cause trouble mate. You know what jealous idiotic people are like, I wouldnt like one to know where my pride and joy is parked up during the night mate. I totally understand why you got pee'd off though mate, they also do my nut in!

i see what yr saying dude i really do but it's all down to time and place, but everyone has a different view and a different take on life.... sometime you just need to give them old feckers enough time to do their church recce and get the **** out of there. other times you might wanna rip some little fck witt's throat out for cutting you up.. it's all cause and effect.

Oh Nice VPK's By the way .. Where that at??

mate get real!!! talkin all this about underlying issues jeezz my lifes great at the moment tbh, just got my first audi A3 and im starting my own studio/framing business.

after all this is the rant and rave thread, is it not?

look i dnt want to step on anyones toes. i pay my tax that i need to pay and its not some random fella, hes a local and he drives this way everywhere. 40MPH in 60mph zones and 40 MPH in 30mph zones specially in this village that we were coming to as there are 2 petrol stations and 2 primary schools where between the schools it actually drops down to 20mph and trust me this guy...... has never been in a war.

mate get real!!! talkin all this about underlying issues jeezz my lifes great at the moment tbh, just got my first audi A3 and im starting my own studio/framing business.

after all this is the rant and rave thread, is it not?

look i dnt want to step on anyones toes. i pay my tax that i need to pay and its not some random fella, hes a local and he drives this way everywhere. 40MPH in 60mph zones and 40 MPH in 30mph zones specially in this village that we were coming to as there are 2 petrol stations and 2 primary schools where between the schools it actually drops down to 20mph and trust me this guy...... has never been in a war.

Back in yr box unkle :eiertritt:

You seem to know quite a lot about this guy...and yet...have no underlying issues? :)

Seriously though, fair do's, your right this is the ranting and raving section I'll let you rant you big ejit while arnie raves!

3001103597.gif

lol no probz unkle ya c**t :happy:

yeah well i dnt know thatttt much about him lol ive just seem him around alot and he always goes into the petrol station that my sister works in and is all pervy around the teens that work there!! so what i did was nothing conpared to what most people around here want to do! hhaha

Wow. I hope you guys never have to put up with anything that really matters..........

One question tho - what do the following points have to do with it?

i pay my tax that i need to pay...~~~~~~~~~~.... and trust me this guy...... has never been in a war.