ebay scammers

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Just sold a set of 5 A4 alloys with great tyres on for £199, Sent them via delivery company,

I get a message from the buyer,

hi
I got the wheels today.I must say the alloys are in very good condition but what about this couple milimiters wide hole in one of the tyres (this one with the clear inside of the alloy)It doesnt hold the air at all! and you describe them all as fantastic. Should I expect any more surprises in few days? So 1st option: you send me money back with the money for delivery to your place so 280 in total, 2nd option: you send me money for the tyre I should get with the set of "fantastic tyres" arround 50pounds or 3rd option we forget about the money and you will lose your reliability on ebay with negative feedback from me. Choose one and let me know, maybe you got some othre idea.
Regards.
Jan

WTF, They was all spot on when i sent them and they signed for them so they must have been un damaged at that point,

I feel like they are looking to scam me, what are your views?

Flippin heck, hate this sort of thing.
Ask for a photo of the defect and state that you have photo's of all the alloys before they were sent. This way you can see if they're making it up and also if it is 'damaged', contact the courier etc...

Its a scam for sure, seems more and more buyers are trying it on these days. Sadly Ebay and Paypal seem to side with the buggers! The fact they SIGNED for them, hopefully helps you as they should have checked all goods before signing otherwise can instruct the courier to return to senders addres! Ask for defect pics but stand your ground. Did they pay with paypal????

Also, contact ebay as threats to leave -ive feedback is a no no.

If it looks like he's going to leave you bad feedback, wind him up and hope he leaves a nasty personal comment, then you can get ebay to remove this as that isn't allowed either.

I say to ask for photos aswell and try and call his bluff my asking him for the code of the tyres and say you have a copy of these numbers

the trouble with ebay and paypal is they always side with the buyer the seller as very few rights unfotunately its the chance you take .one thing i will never agree with is the buyer can leave you negative feedback but the seller as no right of reply

the trouble with ebay and paypal is they always side with the buyer the seller as very few rights unfotunately its the chance you take .one thing i will never agree with is the buyer can leave you negative feedback but the seller as no right of reply

I agree, its crazy that as a seller you can only leave positive feedback!!! So when you have someone who is out for a con and youre left out of pocket, you cant warn others!!! Starting to hate Ebay now! Its too 1 sided.

I'd take option 3 mate, I'd rather lose a feedback than lose any more money, it's a fcuking joke. Ebay feedback isn't all that anymore, I would trade with most people who have 80% positive feedback.

I'd take option 3 mate, I'd rather lose a feedback than lose any more money, it's a fcuking joke. Ebay feedback isn't all that anymore, I would trade with most people who have 80% positive feedback.

Yeh, unless they have paid via paypal and open a not as described dispute, the seller can have the money taken back!!!! Its awful but happens, sometimes the item sold doesnt even have to be returned!! So the buyer gets the item and money!!! Happened to us, was absolutely furious!!! Got our money back in the end but so did the buyer! how crazy is that! Hopefully wont happen here!

Its a scam for sure, seems more and more buyers are trying it on these days. Sadly Ebay and Paypal seem to side with the buggers! The fact they SIGNED for them, hopefully helps you as they should have checked all goods before signing otherwise can instruct the courier to return to senders addres! Ask for defect pics but stand your ground. Did they pay with paypal????

Yes paypal all the way, Iv started the transfer to my bank for the funds now,

Yeap email back saying:

I securely marked the wheels/tyres for rma purposes, I have taken closeup pics of the tyres & wheels & made notes of the tyre brands, sizes & sidewall lettering along with any distinctive markings, etc etc, so if they are sent back, then they would be inspected to verify they're the same ones sent to you, please send them back & once I have checked all this & verify they're genuinely mine, I will refund you, but should we find the items have been tampered with & swapped over we will take this very seriously as fraudulent & contact ebay, paypal & the police, thanks.

You shouldnt hear anymore from him then & if you do, I'd take the items back as you're not responsible for the return postage costs.

Guys like this really are w4nkers, had similar issue recently & tried his luck over a pc power supply, said wasnt ok, the what can only be described as complete & utter cockerel hadnt even plugged it into the pc but said was faulty, idiot crawled away in silence after being told I have taken pics etc etc etc, didnt hear a word any further.

Also watch out for the ebay user K3nnyKen, sent him something which for some reason didnt go recorded, but given the circumstances surrounding it all I am sure he received the items but claimed £300+ back through paypal, cxnt & if he's reading this then yes you are a complete & utter cxnt mate!!!!! Even if I got refunded by royal mail, its the principle that matters, morality & honesty thats what I count in life.

I am having a similar issue and my paypal is locked so i cannot draw the funds out or send them as i need the money to send to a mate for stuff already received. Boils my p!ss