Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: Kerbs !

Neutral

Status

Kerbs !

Why build eirbs so big they damage the whole of an 18" rim ?!?!?! ya pay road tax and still ruin ya wheels and shockers up!!

does anyone know of a decent place where i can get my alloy refurbished?? in manchester
    Last edited by voorhees; 19th April 2010 at 18:36. Reason: language

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Lol....did the kirb jump out in front of you or something?!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    I have done three of mine, just need to hit the rear nearside and I will have buggered up the whole set.

No excuses or anything, I am just crap at parking

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

Neutral

Status
    no, i was reversing and everything was fine, until the grid that seems to of sank 3 inches into the road grabbed the wheel into the kirb, if the kirb jumped out i might of had a fighting chance of dodgin it lol.

all 3 wheels, pfft, i'd be pretty pissed if that was me to be honest. i have just had a quote, i got them on friday, 500 from wheel base, its now going to cost me 100 to have it refurbed.

ah well calmed down a bit now so just have to deal with it i guess.
    Last edited by A3 XME; 19th April 2010 at 18:31.

8L > 8P > 8V

Status
    City Powder Coaters in Digbeth, Birmingham. Bit out the way but they do 'em for 30 a wheel, including stripping and refitting tyres.

I'm picking mine up next week from them, but heard good things before I took them in.
    '02 A3 TDI quattro sport

8L IS DE BEST

Smell my finger.

Status
    Mate its one of them, when I got my 18's I spunked a load of cash on them to get them powder coated etc...so they owed me a pretty penny. Needless to say 6 months later there's only one chip/chunk free wheel
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Neutral

Status
    cheers Aaron, i'll take a look at them for that price.

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    i park 40 miles from any curb then wiggle my way in. dont care if i look like a 17 year old just passed there test! i like my alloys!

hope ya get it sorted

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

Neutral

Status
    Alpine, I would love to have been able to park further away, uinfortunately, the road i park on is just wide enough for a single car to get down once cars have parked either side. cheers tho m8

Status
    i understand fella. was not trying to mug you off or anything. block the road and save ya wheels!! fk em! lol

Neutral

Status
    sorry, dint mean for my post-reply to make it sound as if in thought you were muggin me off "no offence" ye block the road would be a gd thing or, go the american way and widen the roads lol. maybe not though, roads are bad enough as they are for them to start messin now lol

Status
    tis cool mate.. im often misunderstood as my grammer is as good as a square wheel!! no offence taken. Welcome to ASN btw..

1st Gear

Status
    i hate that mate..i aint kerbed any of mine but my mrs has..lol

Neutral

Status
    thanks for the welcome Alpine. just had a quote from a guy at wheelbase, either 94 for a refurb on the wheel or he will let ma have a new wheel with tyre for 140?? think i'm gunna have the wheel and tyre and used my decked one for a spare.

"head" I gotta admit, the gearbos shattered on friday and i was pretty gutted, i paid 350 for a recon gearbox and fitted it over the weekend. When i did the wheel yesterday, i was more gutted about that than the gearbox? think it is beacuse you have the potential to prevent it happening lol.