Kerbs !

A3 XME

Reaction score
Why build eirbs so big they damage the whole of an 18" rim ?!?!?! ya pay road tax and still ruin ya wheels and shockers up!!

does anyone know of a decent place where i can get my alloy refurbished?? in manchester

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol....did the kirb jump out in front of you or something?!

I have done three of mine, just need to hit the rear nearside and I will have ******** up the whole set.

No excuses or anything, I am just crap at parking :yes:

no, i was reversing and everything was fine, until the grid that seems to of sank 3 inches into the road grabbed the wheel into the kirb, if the kirb jumped out i might of had a fighting chance of dodgin it lol.

all 3 wheels, pfft, i'd be pretty ****** if that was me to be honest. i have just had a quote, i got them on friday, £500 from wheel base, its now going to cost me £100 to have it refurbed.

ah well calmed down a bit now so just have to deal with it i guess.

Last edited:
City Powder Coaters in Digbeth, Birmingham. Bit out the way but they do 'em for £30 a wheel, including stripping and refitting tyres.

I'm picking mine up next week from them, but heard good things before I took them in.

Mate its one of them, when I got my 18's I spunked a load of cash on them to get them powder coated etc...so they owed me a pretty penny. Needless to say 6 months later there's only one chip/chunk free wheel :(

i park 40 miles from any curb then wiggle my way in. dont care if i look like a 17 year old just passed there test! i like my alloys!

hope ya get it sorted

Alpine, I would love to have been able to park further away, uinfortunately, the road i park on is just wide enough for a single car to get down once cars have parked either side. cheers tho m8

i understand fella. was not trying to mug you off or anything. :) :icon_thumright: block the road and save ya wheels!! fk em! lol

sorry, dint mean for my post-reply to make it sound as if in thought you were muggin me off "no offence" ye block the road would be a gd thing or, go the american way and widen the roads lol. maybe not though, roads are bad enough as they are for them to start messin now lol

tis cool mate.. im often misunderstood as my grammer is as good as a square wheel!! no offence taken. Welcome to ASN btw..

i hate that mate..i aint kerbed any of mine but my mrs has..lol

thanks for the welcome Alpine. just had a quote from a guy at wheelbase, either £94 for a refurb on the wheel or he will let ma have a new wheel with tyre for £140?? think i'm gunna have the wheel and tyre and used my decked one for a spare.

"head" I gotta admit, the gearbos shattered on friday and i was pretty gutted, i paid £350 for a recon gearbox and fitted it over the weekend. When i did the wheel yesterday, i was more gutted about that than the gearbox? think it is beacuse you have the potential to prevent it happening lol.