Chris NottVolks Autos
    S3 ~ MTM 330BHP ~ Milltek TBE

Status

Out Of The Frying Pan

Just been watching "Out Of The Frying Pan" on BBC2 and this week's "Dinner For Duncan" - that would be Duncan Bannatyne.

D'you know what? I'm so glad I have a simple palate because if I was SOOOOOOOOO fussy about food, insisting on regionally sourced food, exotic far flung ingredients and "flavours" and "all the delicate f**kin this-n-that c**p, I reckon that I'd hate 99% of the food I ate and would be obsessed with finding "acceptable food". I mean, the day I know whether SEA URCHIN in undercooked and lacking flavour, SHOOT ME! That's my point - there are more things to live for than such pedantic gastronomy where us humans really don't need much food variety to stay alive.

What mong-brain is disposed to think - ooh, let's eat sea urchin, and when/if one does, makes themselves a flippin conesseur of it?

Just give me a filet steak, some chips, peas and a couple of fried eggs - and give the garnish to the rabbits!

Jeeeeeeeez
    Last edited by Purple Princess; 13th April 2010 at 08:49. Reason: Language AGAIN!!
    ~ The Maestro ~

• S3 MTM (Current)
    • A4 Avant S-Line 3.0L TDI
    • A4 Avant S-Line 2.0L TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Just been watching "Out Of The Frying Pan" on BBC2 and this week's "Dinner For Duncan" - that would be Duncan Bannatyne.

D'you know what? I'm so glad I have a simple palate because if I was SOOOOOOOOO fussy about food, insisting on regionally sourced food, exotic far flung ingredients and "flavours" and "all the delicate f**kin this-n-that c**p, I reckon that I'd hate 99% of the food I ate and would be obsessed with finding "acceptable food". I mean, the day I know whether SEA URCHIN in undercooked and lacking flavour, SHOOT ME! That's my point - there are more things to live for than such pedantic gastronomy where us humans really don't need much food variety to stay alive.

What mong-brain is disposed to think - ooh, let's eat sea urchin, and when/if one does, makes themselves a flippin conesseur of it?

Just give me a filet steak, some chips, peas and a couple of fried eggs - and give the garnish to the rabbits!

Jeeeeeeeez

Lol too right mate, i eat almost 10 tins of baked beans a week some weeks, nothng wrong with baked beans.

I also love fish n chips which is made better because my mum and dad own a chippy!

simple food is the best!, give me a carvery or sunday lunch over any of that ponsey crap anyday
    Last edited by Purple Princess; 13th April 2010 at 08:50.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Lol too right mate, i eat almost 10 tins of baked beans a week some weeks, nothng wrong with baked beans.
    Must be windy at your house!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    LOL, to me its only food - you eat so you dont die. The only thing i enjoy is a decent curry though ;-)
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Must be windy at your house!
    Lol, suprisingly not mate, me and beans have an understanding, it seems the more you eat, the more imune you are to the effects of beans as your body gets used to them.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    LOL, to me its only food - you eat so you dont die. The only thing i enjoy is a decent curry though ;-)
    I enjoy my food, I have the figure to prove it, but I'm not too keen on uncooked foods like Sushi, or shellfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Lol, suprisingly not mate, me and beans have an understanding, it seems the more you eat, the more imune you are to the effects of beans as your body gets used to them.
    You keep telling yourself that ok.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!