THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM !!

grim ree

Old-n-crumbly
Reaction score
Seen the news recently? Evidently school children are now sitting on appointment boards for teachers! UNBELIEVABLE - how on earth is this justified do constables sit on appointment boards for Superintendents? or privates on boards to promote generals - NO- and they probably have more at stake, and more awareness of how the world works than some 13yr old school child.

I just do not understand what the worlds coming to - I must be getting old(er):banghead:

Our eldest girl interviewed a teacher last week, she liked him. All her class got to ask one question each. I don't think they get to choose though.

Is this a Government policy or just a local school trying to be proactive in "involving the kids in the school process"? Reckon it looks good to the kids but their opinions count for jack behind closed doors. However, as kids already feel they have more power in schools since I were a lad, reckon this could be more harmful for morale than beneficial.

But yeah, nuts!

Evidently not only government policy, but according to the BBC, enshrined in law as well, at least as far as consulting students is concerned. A friend, who went to university, doesn't remember being asked to advise on the appointment of professors, but then she had only seven A levels and was taking a veterinary degree, so she probably wasn't thought capable of forming a considered opinion!