HM Revenue & Customs

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Sent me a 250 quid tax rebate today
4114f7d0.gif

Just thought I'd share a bit of joy

Fair play, they rang me and said they'd send it to you for safe keeping until I see you next ;)

Result though mate - hopefully I'll bleed a few quid out of them - because I saw more cars than the average trader last year they stuck me on a Month 1 for ages and as far as I can work out, I've overpaid pretty well. Not going to bother arguing with them until new coding's sorted with new company and the new car. I HATE all the messing about, but when you get a result like you had it kinda makes up for it eh!

//R

I got one too, 44 pence - must have cost them more than that to print the letter and post it!!!! Stupid really

I need one, but haven't heard anything yet

I was getting charged a higher tax rate as i had a company car at my last job

Was getting taxed about 24% rather than the 20% to make up for it

But with this job, i also get commision, quite a bit of it, so they were charging me 24% on my basic to make up for the company car, and then another 4% of my commision was going to them!

Will give em a chase later me thinks

Always nice. I especially like the fact that they put in into your account and the letter arrives about three weeks later!

"What's this??"

Win.

My Mrs owed the tax man some money from when she was contracting, told them to take it straight out of her wages as she's a permie now.
Got the bill in the post the other day .................... 80p !!!!

Must have cost them more than that to send the request in the post.

Hmmm, when i was self employed systems engineer I had a great time when i was investigated by the Inland Revenue 7 or 8 years ago....Its great to know that the fine i had to pay funded some MP's house flipping.... Not that I am bitter or twisted...