AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Angry Damned E-bay sellers

Now I managed to get an RNS-e unit of ebay cheap from lithuania (yeah I know .....) And the damn thing turned up damaged. Looks like it's been dropped on the top right corner and the DVD drive is knacked.

Anyway, the unit was wrapped in so much bubble wrap that you could play football with it and not go anywhere near causing damage. So what does the seller say...... "oh it must have been damaged in transit"..... fat chance of that..... the box the unit was in was pristine and undamaged. This thing has to have been damaged before it was wrapped. Do people think others are born yesterday.

So I've now got the faff and cost of sending it back, and getting another one sent out......
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Feel for you mate......happened to me...I had to pi$$ about sending an RNS-e back cos the two rear RF connectors were damaged...the seller was even trying to get me to get the thing repaired....
    Anyways..I had to send my damaged one back and I did get an even better one sent to me......
    My seller was based in London tho....but name sounded very polish/lithuanian...
    With flebay you pays your money and takes your chances.....unfortunantly
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc

6th Gear

Status
    Tell me about it. Now I know why the guy accepted a lot less via buy it now compared to what he had it up for. Apart from a slightly bent corner of the front plastic facia and a bend in the case behind it; the unit looks sound. It's only when you try and load the DVD that I found it was totally knacked.

I wonder if it was dropped before it was wrapped and sent out anyway in the hope that the hassle of sending it back for a slightly bent top corner would be too much for me. Shame the actual dvd drive I need for the NAV was broken in the process.

2nd Gear

Status
    Its cant be as bad a ssome knob buying your headlights, and then saying he does not want them, but you still have to pay the ebay fee's!!!!! If i knew where ebay was, i would go and dump a ton of horse crap outside their front door, and invioce them for the pleasure.
    Q7 S Line 2010
    MMI 3G
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Superchip Remap
    Blackvue front and rear accident camera

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockney Boy View Post
    Its cant be as bad a ssome knob buying your headlights, and then saying he does not want them, but you still have to pay the ebay fee's!!!!! If i knew where ebay was, i would go and dump a ton of horse crap outside their front door, and invioce them for the pleasure.
    I think you'd find a whole street ten foot high of the stuff

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockney Boy View Post
    if you report it as an unpaid item, you can get your fees refunded
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    thats why i dont buy from ebay!!!

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    aaaah lithuania again land of the stolan audi part's....merc part's , bmw part's all wrapped and ready for us good against crime straight folk to buy em back ...lol

6th Gear

Status
    And ? Who's to say the UK based ones are stolen either ?

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Well, we sold a Dension 500 unit on Ebay. We listed all the parts it went with, full pics listed etc etc. Guy bought it, paid via paypal, all looked good at first. Next thing we heard, he had contacted ebay as item not as listed!!! We sent all that was listed and it was listed as used, we left nothing out! Anyway, Ebay/Paypal gave him ALL his fees back AND let him keep our unit.....where is the justice in that! He got it all for free. Not a fan of Ebay now so let me lead the lorries of Horse crap!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Advanced In Car Technologies

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Well, we sold a Dension 500 unit on Ebay. We listed all the parts it went with, full pics listed etc etc. Guy bought it, paid via paypal, all looked good at first. Next thing we heard, he had contacted ebay as item not as listed!!! We sent all that was listed and it was listed as used, we left nothing out! Anyway, Ebay/Paypal gave him ALL his fees back AND let him keep our unit.....where is the justice in that! He got it all for free. Not a fan of Ebay now so let me lead the lorries of Horse crap!!!
    What was his his justification for it not as item listed??

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    My brother says it everyday....................."There are too many pr1cks in this world"!!

Enthusiast

Status
    I bought a full leather s-line interior on ebay, the driver's seat broken, shame I paid cash in hand instead of paypal.
    And it was all meant to be pristine. Seller said that the two missing plastic handles were easy to replace and that it's 10 each from Audi.
    Shame I was too excited when I bought it.

A lesson learned.

Still, sometimes you can get a good bargain on ebay.
    VCDS USER

A3 2.0TDI 170bhp PhantomBlack

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    if you report it as an unpaid item, you can get your fees refunded
    x2

Whats the name of the seller? It is important for future purchases that someone thinks do not make the mistake of dealing with the same seller
    2007 Audi A3 | MB POWERED | ECS TAI | Eibach Pro-Kit | 6000k & Leds | Vag-Com Coded
    Custom DeCat Exhaust 2,5'' | Nitroplus | RNS-E w/2010 AN