More snow....

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Had another 4 inches of snow in the Cotswolds last night. Once again, getting to work has been a pain in the chuff. Bit fed up of the snow be to honest, nice when it starts, but it's been here for over a week now! Maybe it's time for it to melt it's little snow **** away!

And it's still snowing. And will be most of the day. :crying:

Quattro is nothing without good tyres sadly.

I almost got mine stuck earlier and my lowests tyre is 6mm but they are still normal tyres

Got to admit though, I saw some aweful crazy *** driving this morning during the school run. The entrance to the carpark where the kids are dropped off is on a slop, which was like a sheet of ice this morning, so cars was going up it one by one. And because of this, there was a queue of traffic on the road that leads to the slop, but some drivers need to go straight, and one **** though he'd be clever and overtake everything on the otherside of the road... until he saw a car coming towards him, so he slammed his brakes on, and I could see him go into a slide with the back end hanging out... he was lucky he caught the car and avoided hitting the queuing traffic! Moron.

Its takes weather like this to show some driver's complete ineptitude behind the wheel. I have seen a few I think should be taken out to the pastures and shot.

I woke up to lots of snow this morning too and it hasnt stopped all day!!!

STILL snowing!!!

Sure is, although the main roads are fine....just the side streets that are crap.

Oh, I saw a bloke in a brand new M5 take his front bumper off earlier. He parked like a tool across about 4 spaces outside some shops...as he drove away he slid straight into one of those really high kirb stones that are designed to stop a bus. Well it certainly stopped him...ha ha. I didnt have the heart to tell him someone had just karma'd the flip out of him for parking like an **** :)

T

Just saw a poor old woman shoot out the junction at the end of my road and hit the kerb in her Nissa Almera. I was heading towards the junction exit at 5mph, and she panicked and floored, so I stopped until she could straighten up and be on her way again lol.
There's also a chav who live opposite me who has a Ford Fiesta who just passed his test. Tried to power up the hill with wheelspin lol, he was going nowhere quick! I didn't bother helping him out, cos he was being a ****! Eventually gave up, reversed, and parked it back on the drive. So I went out, fired the Rav4 up and drove up the hill without breaking a sweat haha.

We have had a load more snow here, getting to work was ok its getting home thats the issue. Where I work its 1 road in and 1 road out and its on a hill. my A3 Tdi 170 has been ok but only able to use second gear at the moment at the front wheels light up on the smallest patch of ice!!! Cant wait for it all to go now

LOL...I dont get what the deal is with the parking, I understand its a bit slippy, but 2-3 spaces WTF????

Even at work, the car park normally has a couple of hundred cars in it, but at the mo, theres about 100ish and its full!!!!

LOL...I dont get what the deal is with the parking, I understand its a bit slippy, but 2-3 spaces WTF????

Even at work, the car park normally has a couple of hundred cars in it, but at the mo, theres about 100ish and its full!!!!

Did you not know? Even the snallest amount of snow makes it physically impossible to perofrm any sort of manouvering. It's just a case of hit and hope!

We've just had a few inches of snow that fell overnight. Considering there's no mention of this on the national news, I've a feeling it's just the NE that's had some severe snow. Is it snowing where you live?

This is the third time we've had snow. Taken this morning:

dsc04673q.jpg

It snowed for about 30 secs in Brum last night, not enough to settle though....

c'mon jo...it was at least 40 seconds!! still froze the window on the cab though, the missus had to pour some warm water over the seals to get the door open this morning! looked a bit chilly out there as i watched her out of the window lol

c'mon jo...it was at least 40 seconds!! still froze the window on the cab though, the missus had to pour some warm water over the seals to get the door open this morning! looked a bit chilly out there as i watched her out of the window lol

I have to say though it was a a very clear sky and a full moon, the moon was exceptionally bright last night, looked amazing.

It was treacherous out our way this morning, not much snow, but the roads were skating rinks. I nearly joined two cars in a ditch and almost got t-boned by an artic on a roundabout!

Last edited:
i hate the snow now!it snowed ere last night but was all clear this afternoon thank god