Lotus Exige

boggysv

Reaction score
Drove one today, albeit for a short while, and got a demo ride with a pro driver on the wheel, wow oh wow....

In the showroom, it's plasticky looking, looks hopelessly impractical, and has "only" 200 odd horse power, but boy oh boy did I get excited even driving out of the parking lot.

It doesn't help when the sales guy sitting beside is shouting "GO ON, STEP ON IT!! DOWN SHIFT! DOWN SHIFT FOR THIS TURN!" and the engine noise drowning the entire cabin. While lifting off, the engine pop & burble just makes you feel like a kid again.

I didnt drive fast enough to get into any drama, but when the guy took over, I can see how I'd wrap the car around a tree or pole very easily if I tried to replicate his kind of driving.

The ride home on the S3 felt docile, super comfy...and dare i say, boring?:lazy:

Many thanks to Mr OKB, Head of Division of Lotus Cars Malaysia for entertaining us on a Sunday noon. It's awesome when the salesperson is also a pro-driver, very refreshing compared to the usual audi/bmw sales guys.

end of rave.

*btw, the center rear view mirror on the exige s is rather pointless.

Amazing cars i agree, my mate races and builds caterhams and on occassion gives me a ride in his, also amazingly fast cars!

I drove one for a few laps round Silverstone. Was an awesome little car! Quite literally a go-kart with a roof! A quick one at that!

I'll second the 'rear view mirror' lol

A workmate has one and I went for a blast and it was good but did you exit the vehicle with your dignity intact or did you do the crab ?

lol. Well I haven't exactly got the biggest frame and I still had to put the seat all the way back before I could get out with ANY form of dignity!

They may not be big bhp but they dont need it. The power to weight ratio say's it all. Ive got a friend with a caterham r500. All i can say is ohh my god new underwear when returning from a ride in it.

A workmate has one and I went for a blast and it was good but did you exit the vehicle with your dignity intact or did you do the crab ?

LOL@Crab, I had to climb out of a VX220 Turbo with no roof in this position! The sidesills are so wide, is it possible to get out another way? I think I would have been stuck if the roof was still on it!

No crabbing required as I'm not built big:laugh:

Pretty sure one of the major benefit/advantage of this car is that you can never pick up fatties. They couldn't get in even if they tried, and even if they succeed, they cant get out quick enough to chase after you!

my brother has the exige.....he had the elise first last year sold it and got the exige....he took me for a spin in it and i was shouting at him to slow down lol...it was ok getting in but when i tryed getting out i had to tell him to slove me out the car lol.....me *** wouldnt get out lol....very nice car tho its in black ...veryyyyyyyyyyyy quick ....and the thing is when another lotus drove passed us they both slowed down and put there hands up to eachother ..i said to him why the hell have u just put ur hands up to him he said " wer the lotus club dudes lol.."