Badger5Volks Autos

Status

Exclamation I had a close call today

I was approaching a junction near the Ricoh arena and it was a dual carriageway what ran across it also it has traffic lights...anyway as I got close to the lights which were on green all the time as I approached,a car flashed past the front of my S....I stamped on the brakes as instinct kicked in !!!!
    If I was a bit quicker approaching the lights he would of hit the drivers side doing 40 plus...destiny I guess as I missed a turn to get on the dual carriageway in the first place so had to get on a bit further down.

PS Oh and I'll have to ask the detailing guys about how to remove marks from alcantara the drivers seat
    Last edited by voorhees; 27th September 2009 at 11:18.

2. # ADS
    ADS

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    So he jumped a red light? Lucky for you then!
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

is a retronaut

Status
    Woah! someone was looking out for you mate!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Banned

Status
    Lucky escape my friend. Bet that made the old sphincter go a bit!

The same happened to my bro but he wasn't so lucky, the guy took the front end of his car off and wrote it off - and drove off! Amazingly my bro came out without a scratch.

Have a stiff drink!

Beer God

Status
    Glad you didnt have a mishap, people that drive like that normally dont have insurance...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Smell my finger.

Status
    There's been a few nasty bumps there, glad todays antics didnt end up with you being in one.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    PS Oh and I'll have to ask the detailing guys about how to remove marks from alcantara the drivers seat
    First of all glad your ok Jase. Now thats a close call! Person driving obviously a IDIOT! Ohh dont think Jim gonna be happy to hear about the driver seat stain lol! Hope it get it sorted soon
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Smell my finger.

Status
    I think there's cameras on those lights anyway, they might get a NIP through the post in a week or so
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    I do hope so Tom,I questioned myself afterwards as to why they would be jumping the lights but still am clueless?? was shocking not scary...needed a few beers afterwards.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unkle View Post
    Glad you didnt have a mishap, people that drive like that normally dont have insurance...
    Agreed, thats why the guy that wrote off my bro's car buggered off quick sharp.

Am loving the detailing link btw Jase, dare I ask how much that lot set you back?! First class job.

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Neilybabs View Post
    Agreed, thats why the guy that wrote off my bro's car buggered off quick sharp.

Am loving the detailing link btw Jase, dare I ask how much that lot set you back?! First class job.
    yes probably was.
    thanks...the cost was 250 which may sound harsh but I paid the same for a mop in a bodyshop which was returned with a scratch on the bonnet and also a ton for a mickey mouse polish by another geezer,Jim gave a full report and also advice on keeping the gleam.

5th Gear

Status
    Glad he missed you Jase!.

I saw a scary one on the roundabout above M40 J9 on Thursday, where a young chap in a BMW compact switched lanes without indicating caused a Tranny van to have to stop pretty sharpish.

Next thing the 'Outside-Lavatory' Tranny driver gets out while the lights are red and 'has a word' with the BM driver, who tries to ignore him.

Tranny driver then gets really MAD and kicks off the wing mirror and rips off the rear wiper arm and smashed it through the rear windscreen.

Lights fortunately then turned green and I b**gered off sharpish on the bike, before he decided to ask for other opinions!!

Another scary bit of road rage... What is it with some people...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Didn't he realise BM's don't have indicators?

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Status
    Bloody Hell!! even if I would of seen the offender I would not of done anything near that.....maybe a grimace at a push.

5th Gear

Status
    It just goes to show, civilised people drive Audi's, Neanderthals drive Transits (not all are though!!) and ignoramus drive Beemers!!

</stereotyping>

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Glad to hear you are ok Jase, as I always say you may be the safest driver in the world, but it only takes one idiot to make things go horribly wrong!!!

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alijames View Post
    ignoramus drive Beemers!!
    Takes one to know one
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alijames View Post
    It just goes to show, civilised people drive Audi's, Neanderthals drive Transits (not all are though!!) and ignoramus drive Beemers!!

</stereotyping>

Cheers,
    LOL you be shocked to see this idiot who drives a red sportsback down my way always in bus lanes in and out of traffic cutting up people the w*nker
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread