Tour De (Frikin) Solihull!

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Whilst navigating a narrow road today, I came up against a bunch of cyclists(approx 8 in total) going down this road with bollards down the centre. I have no issues with with cyclists what so ever, but if they are all dressed in spandex and ankle warmers and all riding fekking racing bikes, then 10mph is not on! And to top it off, they was riding in pairs split into 4 groups riding right behind each other like it was the Tour De France ***! As you can imagine, them doing 10mph down a narrrow road means a fekking queue of traffic down this mile long road with no one able to overtake them! Even I couldn't pass them in my remapped S3 between the gaps of 2 central bollards, how fekking annoying is that!?

What's the law on bike riders riding side by side out on the public road? Cos it's ****** annoying.

/rant over.

It's single file mate, they tend to do doubles when training etc so they can chat, but then are still supposed to pull into single file when traffic comes. Oh and if you dare toot, OMG they own the road and will arrogantly and delib slow down etc.

I never did it when i cycled, and roads were quieter then,lol

Welcome to the wonderful world of cyclists - they are the new age messiahs, didn't you know?, they are allowed to ride on footpaths, making pedestrians jump out of the way and if they ever do decide to ride on the carriageway(road) they are definitely allowed to disregard all traffic regulations because THEY are saving the planet by riding their bikes instead of driving a car (like you and me) - have you ever seen a cyclist look behind them when they overtake a parked vehicle? If you did you were probably blinded by the light of the star in the east, and if you want to see a non obligatory red traffic signal, just follow a cyclist in London

Widney Lane

Ah, from by the Field House up towards Blossomfield?. I got stuck a while back behind some there too...right PITA. When you do finally go past them they all look at you like you've just defecated on their grandmother!.

One of them said something at the next set of lights with regards to me not owning the road. I just pointed at my tax disc and explained that I had more right to use it than he did ;)

T

PS: I cycle, a lot...but manage not to bring the world to a halt every time I go out for a spin :)

I'm enjoying overtaking the cars around Oxford on my bike now they have lowered large amounts of the city to 20mph!!

Always look behind before pulling out. It's common sense from riding a motorbike too...

Always scary idiots on bikes and foot around Oxford, and the new set of them arrive in a couple of weeks, fresh from home with shiny new bikes!

Cheers,

Just shout Lance Amstrong when you pass them, lol

A Good Year - Russell Crowe

Ah, from by the Field House up towards Blossomfield?. I got stuck a while back behind some there too...right PITA. When you do finally go past them they all look at you like you've just defecated on their grandmother!.

One of them said something at the next set of lights with regards to me not owning the road. I just pointed at my tax disc and explained that I had more right to use it than he did ;)

T

PS: I cycle, a lot...but manage not to bring the world to a halt every time I go out for a spin :)

That's the one Tom, I think they was riding upto the Cycle place on Union road, but I managed to pass them just before the traffic lights and stopped a few inches away from the kerb to make sure they couldn't squeeze past - HA!