Fallen Heroes

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...die-in-afghanistan-explosions-92746-24459654/

I always am saddened when hearing of our brave men in an unwanted war but ignoring the politics they are heroes and Sgt Simon Valentine, aged 29 and Lance Cpl James Fullarton, aged 24, have paid the ultimate sacrifice in being killed in an explosion in Afghanistan but these men are local and it just brings it home seeing the families grieving.

no politics please

Last edited:
These guys are incredibly brave and deserve better protection than our 'Government' supply.

i have nothing but admiration and respect for all members of our forces.
Dave

Anyone who goes to a war zone is a hero as far as I am concerned.

RIP. Thoughts and prayers are with the families.

Anyone who goes to a war zone is a hero as far as I am concerned.

RIP. Thoughts and prayers are with the families.

I agree entirely !!

What you do NOT hear about though is about the people in the armed forces who are badly injured in Helmand province, and then subsequently have to fight tooth & nail to get anything like enough support from HM Government/MoD.

I must say as a disclamier though. I am referring only to Soldiers who go to war zones as heros regardless to whether they think its just a job, its what they signed up for, its why they wear the uniform etc.
The people I am most defintely not saying are heros are the Media (espcially Julian Manion, I had him 2 points down on a mildot once outside an airport, if only he knew), politicians from any country, left wing tree hugging peace protesters who then want armed response when they get a starring role on Al Jazzera TV, mercenaries, and private security forces who's employees go there for shitloads of cash thinking the benefits outweigh the risk.
These people, and I include myself in this, are just there to profit from the suffering. I am not saying that if anything happens to them its their own fault, just that they have a choice, its their own personal decision whether to go there or not, and the thing that gets them there is the promise of big wads of cash.
Soldiers go to war zones to defend the free world from the tyranny of evil, they are not well paid or equiped, not specifically highly trained for the environment or given the best treatment.
Soldiers are the heros, pure and simple :beerchug:

Shaun Bush,24 of the Fusilliers died whilst trying to save Sergeant Valentine.He died from his wounds from ten days ago in Selly Oak Hospital Birmingham
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...aunBushDiesOfWoundsSustainedInAfghanistan.htm

Fusilier-Shaun-Bush-of-th-001.jpg

dont know if anyone saw "return to afghanistan" with ross kemp last night well an ied went off and actually killed one of the soldiers on it , it was very sad good program though ..

dont know if anyone saw "return to afghanistan" with ross kemp last night well an ied went off and actually killed one of the soldiers on it , it was very sad good program though ..

Yes,I watched the whole series when it was on six months ago.I remember that particular episode,he was patrolling with Marines when a dull thud stopped them in their tracks and it was the patrol on the other side who found an ied....I won't go into detail but it was horrible what happened to the poor chap. RIP

That programme is amazing, it brings home the reality of war, and the camaraderie of those soldiers.

There was a bit in that episode where i guy got hit with some shrapnel in his arm , they wrapped it till he got airlifted but the next day it was unwrapped in stitches jees the guys arm was a mess some seriously long stitches up his forearm and he didn't seem to care , Hard man that young kid he said he took out 2 Taliban the day before he was only 19 i think ....

Also the same incident before that kid took the shrapnel in his arm you saw a ricoshay on the corner of the rock i swear if it didn't hit that corner Ross kemp's head would of exploded it was seriously close and i know they say AK47 most reliable machine gun but crap on accurate is that really true this Taliban guy was far away and nearly took out Ross and did take that kids forearm to ......pretty accurate to me OK not like an mp5 but pretty scary non the less .. then the cheeky sh&ts called a taxi jumped in , and drove off that takes the pee id of just took the taxi out with the Taliban the rules of engagement take the mickey and need to be changed they were even saying it on the program but top program its the firt time ive seen it very good ..

RIP Guardsman Jamie Janes of the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards

Another roadside attack

2 friends from my local car club out there at the moment, one might be on here as he does have a very nice A4 V6 :) cookie?

Five British soldiers have been shot dead in Helmand Province, in an attack the UK military blamed on a "rogue" Afghan policeman.

The soldiers, three from the Grenadier Guards and two from the Royal Military Police, had been mentoring and living with the Afghan police in a compound.

The officer opened fire, injuring eight others, before fleeing the compound.

Gordon Brown told MPs the Taliban said they had carried out the attack and may have infiltrated Afghan police.

Speaking in the Commons, the prime minister said evidence was being gathered and security would be stepped up after the shooting.

But he added that training of Afghan police remained an "essential element" of the strategy in Afghanistan and would not be stopped as it was "what the Taliban fears most".

Manhunt

A total of 92 UK service personnel have now been killed this year, the highest annual figure since the Falklands War in 1982.

Six British servicemen and two Afghan National Police officers were injured in the attack, in the Nad Ali district.

An investigation is under way and the soldiers' next of kin have been informed of the deaths.

A UK military spokesman said: "One individual Afghan National Policeman, possibly in conjunction with another, went rogue.

"His motives and whereabouts are unknown at this time. Every effort is now being put into hunting down those responsible for this attack."

BBC Kabul correspondent Ian Pannell said sources had indicated the attacker was a police officer called Gulbuddin who had fled the scene after the shooting.

RIP

THIS IS EFFIN APPALLING ' EFFIN APPALLING ' I WONT SAY THE REST ....

BECAUSE AS USUAL IL BE CULLED BY THE MOD'S

PIECES OF S&*T !!!

SECURITY STEPPED UP LOL HAHAHA WHAT ARE THEY GONA TRAIN EM WITH NOW .....MOP'S

THIS IS EFFIN APPALLING ' EFFIN APPALLING ' I WONT SAY THE REST ....

BECAUSE AS USUAL IL BE CULLED BY THE MOD'S

PIECES OF S&*T !!!

SECURITY STEPPED UP LOL HAHAHA WHAT ARE THEY GONA TRAIN EM WITH NOW .....MOP'S

Dam shame about the 5 soldiers loosing their lives in such a cowardly way, rest in peace.

Maybe if you expressed yourself with a bit more dignity and in such a way that you didnt come across as being a bit of an idiot, the mods wouldnt edit or delete any of your posts...

Dam shame about the 5 soldiers loosing their lives in such a cowardly way, rest in peace.

Maybe if you expressed yourself with a bit more dignity and in such a way that you didnt come across as being a bit of an idiot, the mods wouldnt edit or delete any of your posts...

Yeah what ever Unkle !! I just get really really ****** of about it ,and it fills me with hate !!!....

I read today that there meant to be sending the SAS after these 2 shyte's that have done this ?? I really hope they do and drag em back to camp by there ankle's

My own experience says not to trust anyone other than your own buddies in parts of the world such as this, and I wasn't anywhere near a war zone.

And before anyone pipes up with "they can't all be bad", with international terrorist plots, suicide bombers, bomb factories being found in UK cites and cowardly killers such as this incident, I am afraid I am going to need a lot more evidence as to peaceful part of the religeon and the followers of such.

My own experience says not to trust anyone other than your own buddies in parts of the world such as this, and I wasn't anywhere near a war zone.

If I didn't know the background to this sidibear I would question this but do so it stays.

Last edited:
My own experience says not to trust anyone other than your own buddies in parts of the world such as this.

What a true statement...however......Let's not forget the Fallen Heros of the Civilian contractors in these war zones....they play a major part on and off camps...

You never really hear or read about the deaths of these people....!!!!

Jase,it was mean't as my own personal view and not a speculative generalisation. My own circumstances dictated that my views narrowed to that previously held.

Sorry, I should have worded it better, but thanks for reading between the lines anyway :icon_thumright:

What a true statement...however......Let's not forget the Fallen Heros of the Civilian contractors in these war zones....they play a major part on and off camps...You never really hear or read about the deaths of these people....!!!!
Some peoples views differ but I think what your saying is true.
Sorry, I should have worded it better, but thanks for reading between the lines anyway :icon_thumright:
No worries Paul

Last edited:
Lance Corporal Adam Drane, 23, of 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment died Dec 7 at a checkpoint carrying out security checks in Nad e-Ali, Helmand province.

adamdrane.jpg

RIP