soldiers treated bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were a little bar or pub where they were going to toast their mate after the funeral then I'd agree that it's bad, but it's a night club. Squaddies shouldn't be attempting to go there in their uniforms, it's just not right. What were they planning to do? Dance the night away? I'm sure there are plenty of late license bars in Maidenhead they could have gone to.

Squaddies shouldn't be attempting to go there in their uniforms, it's just not right.

Why? What is the problem with it? I'd be more than happy for anyone in any military uniform to be present in ANY place I go. They look a hell of a lot more respectable dressed like that than 99% of other people that would have been out drinking at that time.

Well Maidenhead being my home town I can tell you that Phatz is no way a club, it's a bar with a dance floor and the bouncers have always been t0ssers in there. They even ask you your postcode. They have had trouble from various groups of lads from Slough but I think it's a tad harsh being Dan's wake.

Ok well even a bar with a dance floor (like most modern high street bars I assume?) seems a little inappropriate.

I'd agree with Staz, its one thing to be drinking in a RBL bar or Ex Services Club in uniform but out on the town even at someones wake just doesnt seem right, if they get in trouble even if its not their fault they'll get demonised as ****** up squaddies looking for trouble...

Although if it was my pub I'd invite them back afterwards for a lock in and get leathered.

if they get in trouble even if its not their fault they'll get demonised as ****** up squaddies looking for trouble...

You see that's the problem. Them being in there in uniform shouldn't be an issue, it's the tossers that cause trouble because of it that are the problem. Rather than banning uniforms, ban the little scrotes that don't have any respect!

You see that's the problem. Them being in there in uniform shouldn't be an issue, it's the tossers that cause trouble because of it that are the problem. Rather than banning uniforms, ban the little scrotes that don't have any respect!

You're not wrong there mate. I was in a club near my camp years ago and some yob smacked me BECAUSE I'm a squaddie!

In this case I'm more against the idea of a wake in a club/bar. Drinking is part of the army way of life (although we get told off for thinking that) and if I were to die I would want all my mates to get smashed at my wake, but I'd hate to think of them all going out to town and dancing the night away. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be thinking of me but of all the girls hanging off of them.

How many normal wakes end up in the high street?!

Yeah, I agree with you on that. The way your first post read, it just sounded to me, more like you thought wearing the uniform was the problem, rather than having a wake in a club. That certainly doesn't seem right to me.

The bouncers in Phatz are extra diligent for a reason as it used to be known as fight club in there lol and it has always been a squaddies pub (but never with uniforms). But they are still way OTT for me so avoid the place. I can see where you're coming from Staz.

Yeah, I agree with you on that. The way your first post read, it just sounded to me, more like you thought wearing the uniform was the problem, rather than having a wake in a club. That certainly doesn't seem right to me.

I'm not totally against wearing ceremonial dress in bars no. There's a big parade in Sunderland that always ends up with the lads on the pull in it. But yes coupled with the wake it's just not right.

I don't agree,any serviceman in uniform would be welcome in the pubs in these parts maybe its familiarity down there.I've ended up down the town many a time after a wake...no dancing but just drinking and remembering the person.

This reply may be controversial, but it is not intended to detract from any military personnel, and will hopefully be taken as such.

I was out in Bournemouth last weekend, and there were a lot of squaddies about. A group of these I encountered who claimed to be recently back from Afghanistan, one of whom had been thrown out of the club, as he was, according to the doorman at least, too drunk. I had a chat with him outside, and his arrogance was amazing. he thought that because he had served in the conflict that gave him the right to behave like a ****. When I pointed out to him that while I respected him serving his country, at the end of the day he had no more right to be in that club than a local who worked in a supermarket, he got quite funny with me. He told me I obviously didn't respect him and blah blah blah .....

I find increasingly that there are more and more squaddies out and about who consider the country owes them something for what they have done. Now it's quite possible this was all BS and he had never served anyway!

There is a large Marine base in Poole, and it wasn't that long ago that the base had an agreement with the Council and Police and club owners that their soldiers would not attend town due to the amount of trouble they had caused lately.

I'm sure like all things this is the minority spoiling it for the majority, but the sad thing is it's the public behaviour of these few that is more noticeable than the good behaviour of the rest. And I guess this may explain the decision made by the Landlord of that Bar.

Fully agree mate. There are some arrogant little gits out there.

most army guys together act like animals , that gung ho attitude especially in drink they act like d***s tbh ......

respect for fighting the war and all that but they seriously need deprograming when they get back to get back into normal society again .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Your 2 pence worth is not deserved, asked for or correct.

well most guys i know come back from the army get blitzed at the local then want to scrap im just saying what i see they act so angry .... alot come back emotionally wrecked and are not helped and have problems up top ....governments fault and thats true staz i got a mate whose bottom limb was neerly severed in a bomb attack his head is mashed been offered no help , he is now a nutter , its a shame and the government is a disgrace

I don't think the goverment injured these soldiers Jonnie

If you want to start a thread about how soldiers are mistreated after injuries then do so, this thread is not about that.

If you want to start a thread about how
most army guys together act like animals
then be my guest. But it's a complete load of rubbish and I'll argue that case for a loooong time. Given that I have 12 and a half years experience on that subject I think I know a bit about it.

haha vorhees you make me laugh , i know the government didnt but the guy got no mental suport when he got back , in fact im not sure any government knows how to deal with the issue even the yanks dont its quite worrying that so many un hinged guys are back home with no real help in fact if you can help them ... the brain changes dramatically after truama by injurys or mental the mind cant take it , the side affects of war on the mind are terrible and i feel for guys who have been injured or see proper conflict there changed for life ....and the governtment have no idea how to treet it , they should just dope the hell out of em with anti depressants lol

have you ever been in combat ?

just in manchester lol ...tbh id rather of been in combat at least you get a gun

ive had a gun at my head and seen 5 holes in my mate and watch him pee blood all over the deck for 20 min so i got a pretty good idea , that changed me massivly mentally ive talked with guys who have seen combat and there head's are quite simler ..night terrors night sweats and pretty much on edge

thread_direction.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.