Twatty Binman

Maz

Reaction score
Any person with a shred of commonsense can see that the rather large bin would not fit between my car and the Renault, yet the imbecile tasked with emptying the bins thought otherwise.

dumbassbinman.jpg

The damage caused as a result of his stupidity... :keule:

dumbassbinman2.jpg

I now have to wait 14 days for the contractors to investigate before responding to my complaint (council don't want to know). :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Erm you pay the council for the service, just because they dont do it personally doesnt mean you have to chase this 3rd party about. Tell them to get their **** in gear and sort it.

Tossers.Thats asking for a beating.
Put some cat poo on the bin handles before they come next!Ive got loads (cat with loose bowels)

Reactions: DieselJake
that might pollish out with plastic x ..... just trying to save you the hastle of murder lol because they will deni it or drag it out to death resulting in untold stress on your ticker and wanting to kill them every morning ...lol

rub rotton tuna all over the handles and fill the bins with tuna ans **** ....or the guy takings in the bins who done it give him a dig and throw a pan of **** on him hahahahahahaha

Erm you pay the council for the service, just because they dont do it personally doesnt mean you have to chase this 3rd party about. Tell them to get their **** in gear and sort it.

They dont care mate, I had a right rant on the phone to no avail.

Tossers.Thats asking for a beating.
Put some cat poo on the bin handles before they come next!Ive got loads (cat with loose bowels)

Tell me about it, I was fuming when I noticed it.

...What you feeding them kittys??

that might pollish out with plastic x ..... just trying to save you the hastle of murder lol because they will deni it or drag it out to death resulting in untold stress on your ticker and wanting to kill them every morning ...lol

I gave her a good clay and clean today. Not as noticeable but I'll have to live with it for the meantime.

Trust me Binmen and Traffic Wardens are right up there on my hitlist :gun2: I'd like to think they will own up/pay up, but doubt it. Hoping to be proved wrong.

B@stards!

Nice parking by the way.

Thanks.

Flip me, I would be majorly pi55ed off if they did that to mine!!!

All of you ae missing the fact that this is classsed as a criminal act. Even though it was a sub-contractor for the local council, they still damaged your property and left the scene. If you were to report this to the local police station and get a CRN (Crime reference Number) then let the sub-contracting company and council know it will speed things on much quicker. Plus you have photographic evidence.

Yea drop the council in the sh1t with the police....That will make them all pull there ****'s out each others ****'s and do something.

All of you ae missing the fact that this is classsed as a criminal act. Even though it was a sub-contractor for the local council, they still damaged your property and left the scene. If you were to report this to the local police station and get a CRN (Crime reference Number) then let the sub-contracting company and council know it will speed things on much quicker. Plus you have photographic evidence.

Criminal damage to a motor vehicle?. I'd be speaking to the council first...telling them that you are going to report it. See if their attitude changes and take it from there.

Was the bin man seen doing it?. The only photographic evidence you have is that the car has been damaged so its evidence of the damage....doesnt show anyone actually causing it. Its just documenting the damage to the car.

If they do pay out, make the most of it, full front end repsray will get rid of all those pesky stone chips! ;)

Reactions: TonyH38 and DieselJake
Was the bin man seen doing it?. The only photographic evidence you have is that the car has been damaged so its evidence of the damage....doesnt show anyone actually causing it. Its just documenting the damage to the car.

Took words out of my mouth, thats gonna be hard proving tbh, no one saw it happen & anyone with say a suitcase or anything being carried could cause this damage, sorry but as Tom says really, just being honest & factual.

If they do pay out, make the most of it, full front end repsray will get rid of all those pesky stone chips! ;)

That's what Im hoping for and a new number plate. :yes:

Took words out of my mouth, thats gonna be hard proving tbh, no one saw it happen & anyone with say a suitcase or anything being carried could cause this damage, sorry but as Tom says really, just being honest & factual.

I just hope the fact that I reported it within the hour of the incident they may have the decency to admit to it. I was half asleep at the time, heard all the commotion they usually cause and looked out the window to see one of them just as he was pulling the bin out from between the cars. I was gutted when I saw the damage afterwards but had I ran out straightaway I know exactly what would have happend next... :box:

...Contacted the council again today and luckily one of them called the subcontractors on my behalf and told me the name and address of the person I needed to contact via post. I asked why couldn't I email him, to which they replied he's off till Monday and they dont give out email addresses. (typical)

Anyway I called the subcontractors Head Office and the nice receptionist was kind enough to give me his email straight away.

Hopefully I should have some positive news next week.

I would of chased them down the road & nicked the truck keys, ********.

But still I wish you luck as unlikely you'll get anything unless they feel like being nice that day.

Reactions: Andy Crooks
ha-ha, wish I did mate but only had my pants on at the time, lol.

Thanks, I won't give up without a fight.

only had my pants on at the time

Wouldnt go near a binman in just pants!.....Like they say, they get all the "****" jobs so i think we all know the treatment they give a helpless man in just a pair of pants! :haha:

Couldnt give **** mate if in pants or not, you damage my car I damage your face, twats, I mean really, I understand they maybe idiots & even not english but even the moronic planks have some brains to see if it will fit even if they have lack of common sense, its like going back to being a baby with the different shape blocks & holes to put in, triangle doesnt fit in round hole, BIG feck of bin doesnt fit between the 2 cars lol.

they just dont give a **** thats what it boils down to ....

This is true, but if you're in that kinda job then would you, not exactly got great prospects huh, lol.

Its like I got 3 new recycle boxes from the council, next week they collected & threw them back on my drive when emptied the items out in the truck, thus one box now has cracks & holes in, now you wonder where the money goes in councils, absolutely fecking idiots running these councils

hahahahahaha nige lol i know what you mean but there like drones watch em.

i herd the pay is good to but i was on this street the other day and the bin men were just starting to drive off but they could clearly see the girl running up to them with a black binliner and they just looked at her and drove of it was funny but this is the attitude.

bus drivers are like this also i see a women running like hell with a pram and they just screw off lol but i dont know this will be hard to prove thats why cctv is a must for the front of your house

hahahahahaha nige lol i know what you mean but there like drones watch em.

i herd the pay is good to but i was on this street the other day and the bin men were just starting to drive off but they could clearly see the girl running up to them with a black binliner and they just looked at her and drove of it was funny but this is the attitude.

bus drivers are like this also i see a women running like hell with a pram and they just screw off lol but i dont know this will be hard to prove thats why cctv is a must for the front of your house

Id love to be a bus driver for the day....The things id get up to hahaha

Does the bin have your paintwork or scratches on it that match up to the car? May be worth getting a picture of that too...

Edit - if it's the bin in the first pic, then it looks like it does.

Whats wrong with being a bin man? What they did was wrong but dont tar all bin men with the same brush.

Reactions: ScottD3
So does that mean you're a bin man then Simon?

From my personal experience all the bin mean I've come across have been mostly uncaring fecking idiots, so I'm not generalising about them all

I am yes, but he should have just left the bin, no need to do that to some body elses property

:arco: Got a call from a Supervisor/ Manager at the Sub-Contractors today after some perseverance and I’ve been given the go ahead to get some quotes in.

He even mentioned they came out to inspect the damage themselves but my car wasn’t there. I asked if the binman had admitted it, not exactly was the response I got but I've asked him to complete an accident report form - The binman didnt think he caused that much damage... typical!!!

Anyway, the pictures were enough to warrant the go-ahead for quotes. They suggested I use one of their own recommended garages to which I refused.

How much do you guys think it would be roughly for a bumper respray and new number plate?

:arco: Got a call from a Supervisor/ Manager at the Sub-Contractors today after some perseverance and I’ve been given the go ahead to get some quotes in.

He even mentioned they came out to inspect the damage themselves but my car wasn’t there. I asked if the binman had admitted it, not exactly was the response I got but I've asked him to complete an accident report form - The binman didnt think he caused that much damage... typical!!!

Anyway, the pictures were enough to warrant the go-ahead for quotes. They suggested I use one of their own recommended garages to which I refused.

How much do you guys think it would be roughly for a bumper respray and new number plate?

A brand new bumper with re-spray would st you back about £700. but as it only needs a re-spray, your will be looking at about £2-300

nice one maz good result at least they were honest i didnt think you would get anywhere tbh ...nice one:icon_thumright:

Excellent news.

Just a thought though, whilst I appreciate its a **** thing to happen perhaps the binman didnt realise he'd caused that much damage. I just think that if I was draggin bins off a kirb all day everyday I'd perhaps not be paying a great deal of attention to what I was doing. Its no excuse but at least its getting sorted.

Excellent dude, good result, hope you get it all sorted, well done for sticking with it :)

Thanks people. I've been on the phone pretty much everyday and I'm well happy with the response. I just hope they dont mess me about once the quotes come in.

Just goes to show if you dont ask you dont get!!

While l agree with most of what is said in this thread l dont think binmen are brainless morons like they may have been. For one thing the catshit on the handle wont work, as they have gotten wise to that and now wear gloves. They have rules to follow, rules that we are also informed about but have probably forgotten. Waste segregation is a big area that people get worked up about, specially when the come home to find their bin hasnt been emptied due to mixed waste (lve had this problem once when l put potato peeling in with garden rubbish). l have little to complain about except one thing. l put my bin out at the same spot when its due. l have a wall that separates my garden from my neighbours. The bin goes at the bottom of this wall besides my neighbours bin. Everytime l come home lve come home lve had to stop my motor and get out of it because the twats dont put the bin back, they leave it in front of my drive and l cant get in.:box:One of the other things they should have done is not even attempted to pull your bin through. I know thats what mine would have done. But the thing that gets me is they pulled it through, and they knew there was a problem, so did they leave the bin on the road, probably not l bet they just pulled it back through again.

Everytime l come home lve come home lve had to stop my motor and get out of it because the twats dont put the bin back, they leave it in front of my drive and l cant get in.:box:

You should be careful as this is sometimes a car jacking trick. you jump out to move the bin and leave the engine running they jump in and drive off

Whats wrong with being a bin man? What they did was wrong but dont tar all bin men with the same brush.

Many moons ago when I was a lad, I worked as a binman doing the posh areas and extremely rough areas (burnt out cars, heroin addicts, needles) of Leicestershire near where I live. We would pretty much do anything for anyone, the junk we would take that we werent supposed to was mindboggling, pretty much anything except fridges, and people (especially the elderly) would appreciate us, the tips we would get at xmas were unreal, people coming out and handing us £20 notes when I was barely earning £130 a week! Even though there wasnt any sort of recycling (it was the late 90's) garden waste was a major issue but we would still take it even if they took the ****. Health & Safety went out the window with us hanging off the backs of bin wagons and running like f*ck all day so we could get in the pub early. As with any vocation there was always a few drongos but you get that in all walks of life, Ive worked in the public and private sector and met many an idiot, you would not believe the amount of people that work for the MOD or NHS that I wouldnt trust with the remote to my telly that are in charge of departments, budgets, people, armoured formations etc etc....

I guess my point is Simon66 is right and that its a thankless job, its your local government/council that have decided that you have to have wheelie bins/fortnightly collections/recycling not the dude emptying your bins whether is raining or snowing, Im glad they didnt mess Maz when it came to fixing his bumper too!

Sorry to bring up an old post, Just needed some advice if anyone has any?

I believe my bin men hit my car and drove off without leaving a note, i will contact the council and prob report it with police, i don't really have any proof except i heard them toing and froing outside my house in the morning but couldn't see anything from my window and the same purple colour paint is on my front wing.

Sorry to bring up an old post, Just needed some advice if anyone has any?

I believe my bin men hit my car and drove off without leaving a note, i will contact the council and prob report it with police, i don't really have any proof except i heard them toing and froing outside my house in the morning but couldn't see anything from my window and the same purple colour paint is on my front wing.

speculation

They will probably tell you to ****** off. I had a construction contractor's flatbed hit my car, I even saw it. Rang up their office to complain, they asked if I had proof, when I said no but I saw it happen they hung up on me