Ebay

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
Ebay sellers :banghead:

I have been keeping an eye out for a new lower rear valance for my car with the twin exhaust cut outs so I can upgrade to visible tail pipes ;)

I spotted one on ebay - the picture is exactly right and the part number ties up with VAG-cat - so I 'best offer' at £40 and win :D Bargain! Too good to be true? Clearly.

This is it: Part number 8E5807521A 7DL - Spot on.

!BSMvI,wBGk~$(KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmWv+IBKC!GL(JKw~~_1.JPG

It comes today - brand new as described - part number different and no exhaust cut outs (ie exactly the same as my existing valance) so not the one displayed in the picture.

This is what comes: Part number 8E9807521B

Valance.jpg

WTF? It's not hard is it? :rtfm:

Oh dear.

There is nothing worse on ebay when you get excited about recieving something to get home from work and find out its not what you wanted.

Are you getting a refund?

Are you getting a refund?

I havent heard back from the seller yet, I'm sure we will work it out because his feedback is good. It's just the principle, and that I don't now have the bit I wanted.

I might be able to sell it for a bit more, but by the time ebay, paypal etc have taken their cut it's not worth the hassle really as most people are after the twin cut out ones like I am.

Just cut it yourself, now that you have a spare. :)

Yeah go on James....you were egging me on to do mine 'til I picked up a cheap one from the bay!!! By the way, the one I got was BATTTERED!!! So I ended up filling it and spraying it satin black...

Seriously though, they aren't just cut out, they are moulded so that the valance keeps its shape...

I can't hold myself back anymore WHATS THE GREEN THING?

Sidibear & Stick, doesnt compute, now mention magnum & Sidibear, that does compute, lol

Sidibear & Stick, doesnt compute, now mention magnum & Sidibear, that does compute, lol

:lmfao: One of the shooting forums I am on have given me the rank Sgt Tackleberry. Magnum's arn't bad but there are bigger things to shoot with.

For instance, the forth and fifth ones along are .357 Magnum, but the sixth and seventh ones are .454 Casull, nearly the size of an AA battery and scary as crap to fire :rock:

Gunmods0010.jpg

Wrong valance sent by mistake, correct one coming Wed - so not too bad I don't suppose :shrug: