Credit Crunch-ing

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Just a quick rant on how the CC is effecting my business. In the 12 months of trade between 11/2007-11/2008 I had 2 bounced cheques(Yes, we still take these, cos I don't have a swipe machine!) in approx. 600 throughout the 12 months, which isn't bad considering... I do expect to get the odd one or two. In the last 3 months of Trade, 3 bounced cheques already... times are hard for some huh?

You sure they just aint trying to skank you dude???

Are businesses not protected up to £50 with a cheque guarantee card? - not really knowing much about this, but I thought there was something to do with that.

Are businesses not protected up to £50 with a cheque guarantee card? - not really knowing much about this, but I thought there was something to do with that.

Wish it was, I jot down the number, expiry date and even ticked the square where I witness it was signed in front of me... but protection my ar5e. Only good thing is no bounced cheque fee's, so I don't get stund twice. There are the occasional regular customer who have their cheques bounce, but they are good enough to pay me back in cash almost immediately due to embarrassment.

Who on earth pays for a takeaway with a cheque?

Though any money is good money these days just seems strange, cant you just refuse them or do you do large functions as well?

Who on earth pays for a takeaway with a cheque?

Though any money is good money these days just seems strange, cant you just refuse them or do you do large functions as well?

It's just the way my business is... I don't have a swipe machine, and Cheques is the next best thing, and judging by the amount I still get on a weekly basis, they still contribute to my turnover.

Also, Swipe machines = more money for the Banks, don't you think they have feeced enough out of us already?