EM TuningAH Fabrications

Status

Angry Happy F***ing Christmas

I left a well paid two months ago for a better paid one which wasn't my profession (welding) which seemed a good idea to save my lungs but Rolls Royce have just told me not to bother coming back after the holidays due to the order book being put on hold....they do say a job will be waiting for me but it will be twelve months or so.

little bit annoyed.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Just Looking

Status
    Bugger.

Not much consolation to you but I was in the Naval Base in Portsmouth for a meeting a couple of weeks ago and they reckon they can't get welders for love nor money.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

4th Gear

Status
    So your profession is welding?

Gutted for you fella... really **** time to be looking for a job at the mo too... and i dont even know what that profession is like at the mo..

Good luck squire

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Terrible News Jase

Hope things work out for you mate, what a rotten way to spend Christmas.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    Sorry to hear that, it always seems to hit engineering first doesn't it!! Last time I was made redundant was christmas eve a few years ago. Not a good way to spend christmas.
    Hope you find something in the New Year.
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

3rd Gear

Status
    Thats ****e news for christmas.....but dont worry Jay im sure you'll find something, or this use this opportunity to go self employed!
    2006 - A4 - 1997 1.8T 20VS, Full Black Recaro Leathers, Concert, Climate Control, Facelifted, Remus, Front armrest! - Sold
    2007 - A3 20vs -bridge gap motor....
    2008 - Think its time for the Civic Type R.
    2009 - Screw a Type R. Got a VR6 instead (missed even now)
    2011 - Focus St170. < what was i thinking...
    2012 - Lateee 8L S3 with EVERY extra....Broken...other asn members enjoying my parts!
    NOW! - B5 S4 Avant - 2.7 Twin Turbo POWWEERR! WWOOOOOSSSHHH!

Status

Angry

fingers crossed it'll be okay its just if they would of told me five days ago I would of been walking into another job but its gone.

Les its Rolls Royce Aerospace

1st Gear

Status
    that sucks, im in the same boat. dont know what path to go down in a few weeks. if i was told 3 weeks ago instead of last fri. i couldve been in a new job 5 jan. its like they just have you guessin till the end and you see an oppurtunity but stay where you are, thinking things are ok.were only a number, sometimes its more true than we realise...................
    hope all works out for you next few weeks.

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry to hear about that mate things are starting to look really bad.I have given myself a 20% pay cut as business is not good at the moment and is unlikely to get better in the next year.

Unless of course you are employed in the public sector as the mindless spending juggernaut carries on regardless of whats happening in the real world.
    You can guarantee brown and his mindless ****heads are going to have a good christmas.
    Last edited by motorbikez; 24th December 2008 at 17:09.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

Status

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by motorbikez View Post
    brown and his mindless ****heads are going to have a good christmas.
    Of course they will and when they retire a big fat pension awaits them,no ****ing justice in this world.

Thanks for all the kind words,I guess I can say at least I have my health..*cough*

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words,I guess I can say at least I have my health..*cough*
    That's something to be happy about. One of our directors was involved in a serious car accident last night, and although conscious, she's going to be in intensive care for a few weeks. Quite shocking, especially so close to Christmas.

Regarding the work, don't panic - there are jobs out there still.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

3rd Gear

Status
    i feel for you mate i have been getting made redundant every friday for the last 5 weeks it finaly came and i finished on christmas eve the building game is probably the worst hit we have gone from boom to bust in 9 month the ironic thing is our last job was for a banker who as just spent 370.000 doing his house up. and do you know what he said to me the day i was being laid off he was telling me how stressed his wife was about the move back in to a 2 million pound house. i asked if his wife would like to swop her stress for mine he never replied that was the hardest day of my working career just keeping my mouth shut these clowns need bringing down a peg or two

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    Bummer, I know how you feel although this is the first christmas in over three years that I am actually working.

I've been contracting for the past three years mainly corporate but the work started drying out earlier in the year... for the past six months I have specifically switched back to public sector contracts simply becasue thay have endless funding and they are forever recruiting...

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]