Car washes at supermarkets *rant*

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Had to drop in to my local Tesco's today to sort some Christmas shopping. I knew the car was a bit mucky so banked on popping to the jet wash afterwards. Saw the blokes walking about and thought stuff it it's only £6 and it saves me getting wet when I stand down wind of the wife with the lance.

Well, what can I say? What a waste of £6, smeared to buggery and light scratches all over the car where it looks like the sponge was dragged across the car park before being used to wash the car. Think most of it will T-Cut out but lesson learnt, I shall be the only person washing my car from now on

Err yes - well lesson learnt then ! Only every wash my car by hand after seeing years ago the result of my mums 2 year old merc paintwork that went through the car wash / local hand wash !

T - Cut - ooooh - would look for something a bit better if I where your and dont forget to re wax / re seal after removing the scratches.

richard

Complain fella, I had a car wash at an esso, cost them 2k to compensate, always complain if it is damaged truly, why walk away when someone has fecked your car I just dont get some of you guys, you moan about damage to your wheels, bodywork etc but then dont go back & get it sorted by them, you then come on here asking for what, sympathy, dont get me wrong not being nasty just dont sit about moaning when you have a clear case to be resolved by the people/company that did the damage

GO back to them simple as that

I've not taken my Black S3 to these, that would be a bad idea with oit being black in the first place! I have taken my Silver Passat Wagon though, it was an Autoglym stand, so they all used Wash Mitts, no scratches I can see, but it is Silver though...

get a foam lance and a karcher...makes a perfect job and 15min tops ;)

if car is properly waxed, no need to even dry it.

Agreed - ever since I got into reading Clark's brilliant guides on the Polished Bliss website, I'll never have another sponge and chamois in the house again. Mitts and microfibre towels all the way!