Brand and Woss

I know it's mad isn't it?

Was driving home from work today and listening to the radio, the presenter told all the inns and outs of it and interviews with Mr Sachs family etc. and then went on to mention the murder of a woman by Amanda Knox with no real detail. Madness.

Yep,, we live in a ****** up world alright......

I find it hard to give a damn what happens to a couple of overhyped media constructs........... But I always spare a thought for those who die for our Country.

Banal trivialities seem to be the order of the day, how this absolute crap makes headline news is beyond me, doesn't merit one line in the local paper IMHO.

It's a Joke isn't it?
emotlol_21.gif

Im totally gob smacked with how so many people have jumped on the band wagon of this nonsense & its the press who are feeding the fire by constantly going on & on & on about it! It got higher billing on the news the other day than the earthquake in Pakistan killing a load of people! 2 people complained about the show when it aired, now 30,000 people are suddenly incensed by it!! Its a total load of crap, the press needs to shut the **** up & report real news & the goddamed goverment should be more interested in slightly more pressing matters like a recession, inflation, housing market decline, but only if they have the time of course, wouldnt want them to be put out!

All this because a bloke who starred in a few episodes of a cancelled sitcom in the 70's was swore at the on the phone & told that his grand daughter wasnt actually a virgin. Who really actually gives a ****?! If you do, sod off and preach your ******** elsewhere cos freedom of speech means exactly that, you can say what you like to who you like & when you like. They havent actually broken any laws after all!

Im off now to calm down as this ****** me off the more I think about it!!!!

cos freedom of speech means exactly that, you can say what you like to who you like & when you like.

Sadly, since the current mob came to power,, I think you'll find that is no longer the case, particularly if you wish to talk about the 'religion of peace' in anything other than glowing terms.......... Need I say more!

Im totally gob smacked with how so many people have jumped on the band wagon of this nonsense & its the press who are feeding the fire by constantly going on & on & on about it! It got higher billing on the news the other day than the earthquake in Pakistan killing a load of people! 2 people complained about the show when it aired, now 30,000 people are suddenly incensed by it!! Its a total load of crap, the press needs to shut the **** up & report real news & the goddamed goverment should be more interested in slightly more pressing matters like a recession, inflation, housing market decline, but only if they have the time of course, wouldnt want them to be put out!

All this because a bloke who starred in a few episodes of a cancelled sitcom in the 70's was swore at the on the phone & told that his grand daughter wasnt actually a virgin. Who really actually gives a ****?! If you do, sod off and preach your ******** elsewhere cos freedom of speech means exactly that, you can say what you like to who you like & when you like. They havent actually broken any laws after all!

Actually I think they have - I seem to remember it's an offence to make abusive,obscene or insulting telephone calls?

2 people complained about the show when it aired, now 30,000 people are suddenly incensed by it!! Its a total load of crap

Beat me to it mate. All I can say is it's a media driven society and the timing is completely wrong as we should all be honouring and respecting those who fell for justice and order. God rest their souls.

Exactly why I don't read "news"papers. Heard this on the news on the radio and really couldn't care less. Who are these people who need to be told when to complain? Most of them weren't even listening to it, and even if they were they can always switch off. Would you really be listening to Russell Brands show if you were that easily offended?

I have found Jonathon Ross as an OK presenter, but find Russel Brand just too way out/zany for me.....mind you I am in my 40's so belong to a different generation.......younger people obviously understand/relate to his his brand (excuse the pun) of humour.....

What really confounded me is that **** Gordon Brown (aka saviour of the worlds financial crisis) had to get involved as well.......whilst repossessions & unemployment are steadily rising, etc....you would think he has more important issues to be dealing with.....

What really confounded me is that **** Gordon Brown (aka saviour of the worlds financial crisis) had to get involved as well.......whilst repossessions & unemployment are steadily rising, etc....you would think he has more important issues to be dealing with.....

Yep that brainless piece of s--t jumps on any and every bandwagon that may score him a few votes.Although I am no fan of the oil companies browns union buddies have been screaming for windfall taxes against BP and shell because they have made record profits.What our union brothers don't know of choose to ignore, BP for instance is the biggest taxpayer in the UK having paid £20 billion pounds over the last 3 years to the government additionally BP alone accounts for 10% of the dividend income paid to UK pension funds.

Something the public sector don't have to worry about with their gold plated pensions.

You would think the government would be proud we still have some world class companies shoveling billions of pounds into the treasury because for sure there will be very little tax take from other companies especially the banks.

"BP for instance is the biggest taxpayer in the UK having paid £20 billion pounds over the last 3 years to the government"
A drop in the ocean though since in that 3 year period their revenue was somewhere in the region of $1,200 billion. Don't believe they paid that £20bn out of the goodness of their hearts.....

Brand is a **** no matter which way you cut it.
Ross is a bigger, barely talented ****.

"BP for instance is the biggest taxpayer in the UK having paid £20 billion pounds over the last 3 years to the government"
A drop in the ocean though since in that 3 year period their revenue was somewhere in the region of $1,200 billion. Don't believe they paid that £20bn out of the goodness of their hearts.....

BPs actual revenue (not profit) was $793 billion over 3 years ending dec 07 and what profit they made attributed to the UK was a mere 5% of the profit they earnt worldwide.
In other words the UK is insignificant to them in terms of profit so I would say £20 billion in tax was more than a drop in the ocean and you are right I don't suppose they will have paid that out of the goodness of their hearts.

Lets just hope they don't re domicile their business out of the UK like a number of other companies to less onerous tax regimes.

Either way it's just a per centage of the profit they made, just like every other business, so I won't be shedding any tears for the meagre £6.5bn they made last quarter

If you do, sod off and preach your ******** elsewhere cos freedom of speech means exactly that, you can say what you like to who you like & when you like. They havent actually broken any laws after all!

So if I rang an elderly relative of yours and left some twatish message on their answer machine that might of left them upset or confused, then you wouldnt have a problem of this because of 'freedom and speech'?

Whatever happened to respect and decency?

respect and decency ? true true, i am on the whole a nice guy, even when im down, hungover, tired ,ill. but i come across more ********* every week, who speak to me like ****, or moan about something. i just retort back , if you dont shut the **** up i will put you out.
they soon crawl back in to their shell. if im spoken to like ***** or gurned at for something not my fault, then look out, and this " mellow as you get older " myth im ten times worse than i was when i was a **** pisshead on a sat nite ten years ago . walked past the village pub tonight, with the dog. was dying for a smart comment to turn round and take my frustration out on a cheeky fud. aye the respect is gone and decency doesnt have a look in, and to think i tried for the cops last year, i would have been fired by now................

ps, i was workin on a job last week, this guy comes to the door, thought he was a meter reader or something ?
is that your van he says ?
aye i replied.
you drove over my lawn , tore it up.
sorry i said.
just dont let it happen again ! i have your details and will go to the authorities.
when i was leaving, had a look at his lawn, *** 6 inches of tyre marks, wtf.
if he wasnt 26 miles away i would drive there now and spray his precious lawn with weedol. **** ! he doesnt deserve respect, speaking down to people gets on my tits.............

love the title of his new book

51X90hthP8L._SS500_.jpg

saw it in tesco's today, so accurate it's untrue!

So I can see the monkey in the tie but which ones Woss in the background.

Its a marketing ploy man for his book, yeah they say he lost 1.2mil from salary but we all know the beeb is full of it anyway, his contract is probably iron cast anyway against those kinda things, so its ok to swear like hell on tv which IMHO is worse but not alright to do a phone prank on radio that for all we know is a farce anyway which is why I question he lost any salary at all, why cant they just advertise like rest of them, fedup with this stupid license fee.

You know I used to watch his chat show, but what put me of was his constant need to spice up his show with swearing, I mean ok on here its not perfect but I mean 12 million viewers & he has to sneak in a feck here, wannnkeeerrr there etc, if the show was good enough he wouldnt need to do that, as per radio huh, needs to have brand on there whose not exactly shy of speaking his mind, I actually thought he was ok on a drug program few weeks back, given his history was a good way of talking about hard drugs with users & teenagers etc & now this just makes him look a complete & utter tosser, its not the fact what they did was rude & wrong but its just why do you need to do it anyway, good shows dont need that kinda thing huh

Woss just gets on my tits now man, bigtime, just cause his purposeful use of swearing to get people laughing on his show, I mean WTF

Either way it's just a per centage of the profit they made, just like every other business, so I won't be shedding any tears for the meagre £6.5bn they made last quarter

It's a much bigger dent in their profits than the media would have you believe. Most of the oil companies up here are looking to get out of the UK as it's just not what it was. Shell are selling off most of their platforms and handing stuff over. I think you need to appreciate how much of the UK economy is driven by Oil and Gas sector.

I didn't realise the supposedly offending program was pre-recorded, I'd assumed it had gone out live! And Sachs was consulted before it went out. So the bosses/producers decided to air it without an edit, and when 3 people complain and then all the tabloid reading morons, who need to be told how to think, jump on the bandwagon, the bosses do a runner and leave Brand & Ross to carry the can.
Unbelievable cowardice! The producers decided to air it so the producers should either defend their decision or take responsibility and stop bending over forwards to satisfy the lowest common tosser in the street, who decided to be offended rather than switching it off. How on earth is showing "Speed" for the zillionth time supposed to be protecting the interests of the licence fee paying public? Make them do the show but just withold their fee. Like them or not Ross & Brand are 2 of our flagship talents in the UK, how is keeping them off the air giving the public value for money?