Driving along country lanes...

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
Rave
I have recently had to travel a bit further as I've become a contractor,I have to go along a country road which is notoriously bad for places to overtake but I've noticed big Artics and even tractors have pulled into the layby so the built up traffic behind can go ahead.I thought it was a one-off but no its happened loads of times.
hats off to em

Who says courtesy is dead it happens round here as well although the tractor boys are not quite as accommodating as the truckers.

Keep an eye out for them giving a quick flash of their left hand indicator too. This is a signal that the road ahead is clear and it's safe to overtake.

Keep an eye out for them giving a quick flash of their left hand indicator too. This is a signal that the road ahead is clear and it's safe to overtake.

Reasonable tip but just remember that it still your responsibility to check that nothing's coming. The truck might just be turning left.

Yeah, best not overtake when you cant see anything! Love country lane driving even more so since getting the little Roadster, nothing like blasting down the road in a super-light 2-seater :beerchug:

Reasonable tip but just remember that it still your responsibility to check that nothing's coming. The truck might just be turning left.

Good point well made. I should have mentioned that bit.

Rave
I have recently had to travel a bit further as I've become a contractor,I have to go along a country road which is notoriously bad for places to overtake but I've noticed big Artics and even tractors have pulled into the layby so the built up traffic behind can go ahead.I thought it was a one-off but no its happened loads of times.
hats off to em

Well said! I live in the country and have only one simple rule about driving on country roads..................... drive on the LEFT. So ****** off with all the people who think it is best to drive in the middle. Mostly people in 4X4s don seem to have any idea where their cars end and the left hand side verge begins!

Or right if they're a real country bumpkin, lol, lol

Or more likely the driver has fallen asleep and slumped forward onto his indicators