Wet weather driving

tris88

Reaction score
*** driving on the A3 back from work and there was huge amounts of spray so could only just see other cars with their lights on...but guess what?! Some people believe you can see them without any lights on at all!! Seriously I wonder how such ******* stay alive and haven't been taken out by a lorry!! :banghead::keule:

Oh and also (while driving to work) fair play to you if you want to drive alot slower when the ground is slightly damp but *** don't do it in the outside lanes!

/rant

Feel so much better now :)

I agree totally, i have to cross a part of the a27 to get home and it's soo much harder when people haven't got their lights on. Also crawled home at 60 because someone decided to sit in the fast lane. Rawrrrrr.

Its almost as bad as the rain lights they seem to fit to some cars. ( i meant fog Lights ).

It gets a bit damp so they stick all the lights on in the dark and dazzle everyone driving toward them.

I think some people genuinely think that it cost's them to have their lights turned on :motz:

Its almost as bad as the rain lights they seem to fit to some cars. ( i meant fog Lights ).

It gets a bit damp so they stick all the lights on in the dark and dazzle everyone driving toward them.

I don't see how fog lights are supposed to dazzle. It doesn't bother me at all. They are designed to spread low across the road after all.

I was out for a drive earlier and a Chavvy Corsa went hurtling past me on the dual carriageway. Now, one thing I did notice about his car was the single wiper conversion which only cleared a narrow triangle on the windscreen. I would love to know how the hell the car passes the MOT test.

But at least he had his dipped beams on...

I don't see how fog lights are supposed to dazzle. It doesn't bother me at all. They are designed to spread low across the road after all.

Too much light reflectiving off the road causes the dazzle IMO, anyway, dazzling or not its illegal,lol

During daylight its fine, but not at night

I was out for a drive earlier and a Chavvy Corsa went hurtling past me on the dual carriageway. Now, one thing I did notice about his car was the single wiper conversion which only cleared a narrow triangle on the windscreen. I would love to know how the hell the car passes the MOT test.

But at least he had his dipped beams on...

I only have one wiper blade on at the moment and it does struggle with the heavy rain lol.

I only have one wiper blade on at the moment and it does struggle with the heavy rain lol.

I have seen these conversions done that still wipe a good area of the windscreen, but this Corsa looked as if less than half the screen was being cleared and a large chunk of rain water being left just in front of the driver.

Have you ever had any problems with the MOT, Randomjim? Just out of curiosity.

Nope owned the car 3 years and its never failed on anything. But i dont think they do a proper test because they know me. It's good in one way as it's cheap but i would like to know if there's anything wrong with my car.

But the wiper does clear most of the screen so i'd say it is safe.

But the wiper does clear most of the screen so i'd say it is safe.

Yours is maybe one of the better kits you can get. I know I wouldn't like to be driving this Corsa on a dark wet night. The wiper clearance was that bad!

It's not a kit lol. I was changing the wipers for aero arms and blades and i snapped the thread on the drivers side. So i just changed the position of the spline on the passengers side and put the larger blade on it. I have a new wiper mechanism but the single blades been on there for about 2 years and doing fine so i haven't bothered.

It looks worse than it is here but you get the idea....
DSC00200.jpg

That looks fine to me, and I know the snow will limit the sweep too :icon_thumright:.

For this Corsa I seen, you could maybe take a third of your sweep off to get his clearance. It really was that bad. Lets just say, I made sure I stayed behind him.....at least I could see him :search: