Whats in the rain these days

tjm69

Reaction score
Spent all day yesterday cleaning and polishing the car has the weather was nice, Woke this morning to the sound of rain.
Now the car looks like its been parked on Blackpool beach overnight :wtf:it not moved since i cleaned it....poxy rain

Yes we had it here too - really dusty rain - apparently the dust in it comes from the Sahara where the storm clouds gather, then they are carried north with the atmospheric conditions and fall in good ol' blighty!

Feel your pain tho' :keule:

I thought it was because the neighbours doing some building work...shan't clean the car tomorrow then

On a slightly different tack, I did some respraying on an old mini the other day. Paint had a good 2-3 hours to go off, then it got rained on. Thought nothing of it at the time, came out the next morning and it's completely ruined the paint job. Where it had settled on the paint it's gone a much lighter colour, had to redo the whole job today.
Now I know tap water would not have done this to new paint, so WTF is in the stuff falling from the skys these days?

Loads of dust by us at the moment as they're demolishing the old industrial buildings opposite my office. Car looks minging and I only washed it (in the rain) on Tuesday

Good topic... i have noticed the car is always dusty/dirty. i gave up cleaning it every other day. from the desert eh... thats quite cool, would never of thought it was that, im just assumed it was the dirty smoggy pikey air round were i live! lol