Be proud to be British.....

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
We know exactly where every untaxed car is located amongst millions of car owners in the UK yet we have not got a ******* clue where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located! Gordon Brown maybe you should put the DVLA in charge of immigration/police or is it because no money is gained from catching these people?

Lmao good idea. Did you hear that 9 illegal immigrants were given train tickets to get to an immigration centre. Suprise suprise they didn't turn up. What did they think would happen.

We know exactly where every untaxed car is located amongst millions of car owners in the UK yet we have not got a ******* clue where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located! Gordon Brown maybe you should put the DVLA in charge of immigration/police or is it because no money is gained from catching these people?

Roll on ID cards!

ID cards would be quite handy.

When i was a young tearaway i certainly wouldn't have said that but nowadays i've got nothing to hide i think they'd be a good idea.

Roll on ID cards!

Whilst on the face of it, it may seem a good idea. In a free Country, (allegedly) the prospect of being compelled by the State to carry an Identity Card is truely frightening............ Think of the implications!! It would be the final piece of the Nulabour fascist Police state (that's why they want it soooo much)....... Do you trust odious scum currently running the Country? Well do you......??

The solution is to spend the money instead on properly securing our borders, and removing/imprisoning those who have no right to be here, or would seek to destroy our society from within....

Roll on ID cards!

Are you completely and utterly mad? Why should I have my civil liberties cut due to the incompatence and inability of the government to do what it was put in power to do? I.D. cards (biometric or otherwise) have absolutely nothing to do with illegal immigrants or the war on terror, its about keeping tabs on the general populace... whoever they may be.

Why should someone who has not done anything wrong have to carry an I.D. card which will eventually, with no doubt, become compulsary to have on you at all times? Inevitably it will come to the police being able to stop any individual on a whim and demand an I.D. card being produced or face a fine/arrest/prosecution. This is surely something to which any law-abiding citizen going about their law-abiding business should not be subjected to?

If I've done nothing wrong I don't want to be tracked or leave a readily traceable 'footprint' (this kind of data will be collected every time they stop you because they feel like it). If I'm suspected of something doing wrong it should be up to the police to detect and investigate, which is something that they find difficult to do given the metophorical handcuffs into which they have been placed by this government. With the inability of the police force to do their job properly - thanks to all the red-tape, bo**ocks and hoops they have to jump through, which now can't be undone as this would be like the government admitting "We f**ked up", which is never going to happen! - the government need to find new ways to control its populace... certain functions of the police force will be reduced to nothing more than a 'security' force serving the governments own agenda.

Furthermore the government cannot be trusted that it won't use this data, now or in the future, to subject us to further restrictions of civil liberties. All it would require is the next "Big 'Scary' Thing" to nearly happen (which if recent events are anything to go by are almost comical by comparison to the very real threats faced by those in the 80s at the hands of the (P)IRA. Incidentally we survived that without requiring I.D. cards). This 'event' then gets whipped up to a frenzy by the media (who's job it is to whip things up as thats what sells papers), and the government has got its latest excuse to introduce bills that further control us.

It does not take a large stretch of the imagination to envision one day, together with I.D cards, a central database of every legal citizen (whatever their unknown intentions!), traceable movements, and the use of data that they once 'promised' not to use that we will all end up under some classification system. One section of society gets 'this' classification, another gets 'that' classification... And if the **** really hit the fan before you know it this government (or any subsequent government) will be introducing their own (silent) version of the infamous yellow star!

Okay, so that may be taking things a little too far (into the future!) so to bring things in back to the present... With I.D. cards and the classification that they will no doubt inherit any one section of society that may have a cause for a bit of civil unrest will immediately find themselves placed upon curfew or restricted from certain areas.

Scenario A (and this is absolutely not the worst case I can think of... I'm sure you could think of things far, far worse too!):
Due to ever increasing hikes in fuel duty the government gets whiff of some possible fuel protests largely driven by the hard-hit working classes. Pre-empting the possibility of blockades at oil-refineries...

Police officer: May I see your I.D. card please sir? [checks card, checks computer, see's holder is of classification "W" (Working Class)]
Police officer: Sir, due to intelligence I'm afraid you are restricted [sufficiently vague enough to make you think "ooh, terrorists"] from entering this area. You may not approach within 2 miles of [arbritrary area so as not to specifically mention the refinery]. Please find an alternative route or face arrest.

Meanwhile Mr. Rich B'stard is allowed to pass in his gas guzzling luxury car because, well, he's loaded and couldn't give a flying fig about fuel duty and such (and supports labour!), and is therefore not likely to do something which would cause a cascade effect and embarress the government.​

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some civil liberties 'nutter' but the writing is already on the cards (to mix metaphors!). Did you know its already illegal to be in group of 15 or more people, with a collective purpose, without written authorisation? Obviously this kind of 'law' is only be enforced where it is in the governments interest (impromptu protests and such). Unfortunately you can't use it to get out of going shopping with the missus "But love, I don't want to break the law... there will be more than 15 people there and that would be breaking the law. If you want to risk it..."

I just think this government is going about everything "**** about face". Curtailing the liberties of the many, for the sake of the few just doesn't seem right... whichever way you look at it or try to justify it. Power should be given back to the appropriate authorities to deal effectively with their own problems. Funds should be released from the governments useless and often failed pet projects to enable those authorities to execute their functions in a manner which gets tangible, visable results.

When Labour came into power they did so with a flurry of taglines like "Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" and other such crap. To me there is one tagline, and one tagline alone, they should have used. If they had this country would not be in half the mess that it is now (or, depending on how you look at it, they would have had to remove themselves from power):

"Tough on incompatence, tough on the causes of imcompatence"

Stalin would be proud to be a labour party member what with the suppression of the indiginous population surveillance cameras(1 for every 4 people) everywhere, taxing people off the roads it gets more like the Russia of yesteryear by the day.Funny that modern day Russia is going in the opposite direction now looking after its own first.

Shades I'm a footie fan and have seen first hand the way the law works (taylor report) anyone who the OB think is trouble are targeted and removed so wouldn't be surprised if they did not get even more power

whenever anyone mentions ID cards I think of those old war films where the nazis always shout "Vhere are your paperz?!"

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I'm prooud to be British. :)

Incidentally so too am I. Despite whether some people are of the opinion that our ego as 'being British' is somewhat over inflated these days, I'm still proud to say, as a person, I'm British. Its just the road that we appear to be going down that worries me...

whenever anyone mentions ID cards I think of those old war films where the nazis always shout "Vhere are your paperz?!"

Exactly!

Haha! None of you have a clue! Your all paranoid and read too much of the scare mongering stories in the press, nothing sells newspapers quicker on a slow news day than myths about having to fork out £80 for ID cards, details being lost etc etc.

I cant wait for ID cards to be introduced, the second someone that shouldnt be in this country or someone that has something to hide gets asked to produce them then BANG! They are out of here, either in prison or on the next plane to somewhere hot and sunny. ID Cards will have a serial number, some toe rag somewhere mugs an old granny, they know who he is and they have his ID number, the second he tries to get on a plane or ship or gets stop and searched somewhere GOTCHA! The little ******* off to prison to be **** raped. Anyone thats had to do a CRB check will know what a pain in the **** it is, that will be a thing of the past as well.

Anybody here travel much? You go pretty much anywhere in Europe and your passport will be swiped when you enter another country through an airport or port because most European ID cards are based on an individuals Passport number. If you commit a crime or are wanted somewhere its shows up, you owe a fine to the government whose country your leaving, pay up or you aint going anywhere. Unless your entering or leaving the UK where they just look at you like your a POS, grunt and let you carry on.

I agree with what your saying Justplainold, but BNP aint ever gonna get in power, Labour have built lots of nice new schools and hospitals but have cocked up on pretty much everything else and the Tories are too many years away from getting in power to make a difference. I heard Jacquie Smith on Radio 2 this afternoon, this country is going to the dogs and she sounded so pitiful and useless when they were discussing the problems with youths drinking and vandalising places and shes the Home Secretary! Might as well have a cherry triffle doing the job ***!

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=84737&in_page_id=34

One last thing, has anyone here ever had an official ID card and had to carry it around on their person whenever they leave the house? Probably not. I have, for four years. Did it infringe on my civil liberties? Nope. Was it loads of hassle? Nope. Was the country I was living in cleaner, safer, with a lot less crime? Yep.

I aint saying its the magic fix for this country, but its a start.

IMHO

I agree with what your saying Justplainold, but BNP aint ever gonna get in power, Labour have built lots of nice new schools and hospitals but have cocked up on pretty much everything else

Thanks,,,, However the BNP don't need to get into power, (although they will:)) they only need to hold the 'balance of power' which is more realistic in the short term........

As for the Hospitals and Schools,,, I'm afraid they've ****** up on that too......... Labour haven't built sod all (in the sense that here's where all that money we've had off you went, which is what a lot of people actually think has happened!), all they've done is landed us taxpayers with a massive PFI Bill over the next 25 Years to pay for it. (Long after they've all ****** off abroad to escape the mess they've created!)

So. As with everything else about the lying, fascist ********, NOTHING is what it seems

ID cards...Great news, can't wait on them to be introduced.

Had one for my whole military service and it done me no harm at all, I was proud to be in the British army and as such was only too happy to have a compulsory ID card.

Too many folk are worried about being spied on and having their civil rights infringed...what a lot of rubbish!

If a police officer asks for your name, you'd give it to him, unless your a scummy and give false details or have something to hide like an outstanding warrant for your arrest.

I for one have never been spied on by the government but I have had my life put in danger by terrorists and I've also lost a lot of money to the taxman due to the burden of illegal immigrants.

The quicker we all get together as a nation and work together the better.

BTW the police have lods of statutary powers that they use constantly, If your a law abiding citizen the chances are you have never been searched by a cop, if your a bit shifty and hang around in the middle of the night dressed in black sneaking around folks gardens all tooled up you can expect to get searched coz your a scumbag and don't deserve any civil liberties

If this nation gave the police the tools and the backing and cut through all the red tape and ******** and reams of fictiscious complaints then they'd do us a huge service.

ID cards are not a silver bullet to heal the wounds of this country, we already carry ID in the form of a driving license. And if people think that if someone gets stopped without one they'll be deported then you are delusional.
They can't even deport known terrorists and captive asylum seekers/fraudsters, what makes you think an ID card is going to make the government change its stance.

What of the people who can't afford to pay for an ID card, the chavs and the immigrants? Who'll pay for their cards?
THE TAXPAYER!
Most of them already have a government cashcard = AN NI Number, why not give them your PIN while we're at it.

ID cards are not a silver bullet to heal the wounds of this country, we already carry ID in the form of a driving license.

Except those that dont drive. Also it isnt against the law to not have your driving license on you whereas with an ID card I suspect (but could be wrong) that you would be required to have it on your person at all times.

And if people think that if someone gets stopped without one they'll be deported then you are delusional.They can't even deport known terrorists and captive asylum seekers/fraudsters, what makes you think an ID card is going to make the government change its stance..

The first thing the Police will ask is why you havent got it on you which raises questions. Chances are if your an Illegal immigrant or someone that shouldnt be here, you wont be on the Deed Poll or Voting Register when they check that either so thats two good reasons for the feds to investigate you a bit more. I lived in Germany for 4 years which has compulsory ID cards, brilliant idea. The way it works is Germans have their passport in two parts. One is pretty much the same as our regular version, small leather book with photo, pages and details. The other part is exactly the same as the photo card bit in a Passport but its laminated card that fits into your wallet, not only is this used for a national ID card but it can be used instead of their passport across the EU as its swipeable.

As part of the British Forces in Germany my ID was a small credit card sized card with my passport number, healthcare number, photo and a few other details and was written in both English and German. Being a foreigner, the German Police could find out who I am in seconds with no fuss or hassle. Whats so delusional about that?

What of the people who can't afford to pay for an ID card, the chavs and the immigrants? Who'll pay for their cards? THE TAXPAYER! Most of them already have a government cashcard = AN NI Number, why not give them your PIN while we're at it.

I hope these ID cards will be free, if say they have a 10 year life span and they cost £80 thats only £8 a year which is fine (for me). As for the chavs, they are the ones that need some ID the most, chances are the government will recoup the money from fining the gobby lil ******** that refuse to carry them and as for the illegal immigrants they wont be getting one will they? Problem here is your mixing the idea of ID cards with this countrys addiction to dishing out benefits to anyone that doesnt need it, dont even get me started on that!

IMHO