Punctures.

Sam-K

Has a throbbing red german.
Reaction score
So yeah woke up this morning, thought. "yeah i have a slow puncture.. might do something about that.."
So. not knowing stafford all that well. drove to quickfit. had to wait an hour before they could serve me. half the monkeys there just walking around not even doing anything.
Finally my car is up. they guy told me this slow puncture would cost 17quid to fix, i was like "yeah ok sure why not"
after half an hour of it being looked out the guy tells me that because i drove it, the rim has rubbed inside of the tyre out.

Ok. so i'm going to need a new tyre.. they tell me i can have a dunlop, i'm fairly adamant i'd like another F1 on there.. costing Onehundredandthirtyfivepounds. Oh dear.

So not only am i ****** off i have to have a new tyre .. it's now 40pounds more than i paid for them when i got them fitted. AND I HAVE TO WAIT TILL TUESDAY. so i have the little 14" sport rim on my a3 and 3 tt rims. (though i'm not overly bothered about that)

i f**king hate punctures. i'm gonna get caterpillar tracks installed. :huh: grrr.

I have a can of puncture foam in my car at all times, not sure if they can re-use the tyre after using the stuff though, but driving with a flat tyre does indeed ruin the side walls if you do a few miles in them, unlucky bud.

It's so irritating because, i drove really cautiously because i didn't want to damage the wheels, and they didn't look totally flat.

It's just the wrong time of the year for it too :( and i'm a student!!

Sam-K said:
It's so irritating because, i drove really cautiously because i didn't want to damage the wheels, and they didn't look totally flat.

It's just the wrong time of the year for it too :( and i'm a student!!

With slow punctures, it's always a good idea just to pump them up at the nearest petrol station before limping to your tyre place, take all pre-cautions bud.

What i did, was found it out the otherday, so then went and pumped it up and got robbed 50p from the esso air machine as that was closest.. then. didn't use the car for two days, looked a little deflated so took it in today.. i guess maybe the damage had already been done :|

If you went to Kwik fit then you're pretty much guaranteeing they'd try & sell you a new tyre, love those prices, over double the normal street price, what planet are they on?

How do they stay in business charging those prices? I never use kwik-fit, the prices do seem very steep. Just a few minutes on-line or on the phone can easily save you a small fortune!

Yeah .. If i was back home.. i would have gone to my usual place, 75quid for an eagle F1 tyre..!

But. i don't know stafford.. and it was the only place i could think of.. i suppose it's not that bad! could be worse!

i hope you havent got the 14 inch rim on the front or it will more than likely ****** your diff up...if so put it on the back...

Update.. After Not wanting to be raped by kwik fit i went down there today.. got my wheel back that they had to put on the new tyre on tomorrow..

Basically i had found that Stafford Tyres could do me the tyre for 90quid all fitted balanced etc..

So went there for 10mins.. all done and dusted for 45 pounds less.

so thats made it a little better ! :D

Nicely done. I had a puncture recently (a ****** big screw) and that cost me £114 fitted and balanced (eagle F1) so you've done well with that price.

kwik fit are the biggest pirates in the industry!! I had a brake service done many moons ago with them........ to cut a long story short, coming off a slip road, pressed the brake, nothing happened......cus the guys at quickfit ommited to connect the damn thing back up properly....resulted in my car written off....not sorry cus the car was a proton.......and that is another story.

:icon_thumright: Protyre. everytime
225/45R17 GDYR GSD3 91Y

Fully fitted price including VAT:
£89.31

GSD3.png