Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: Cyclists!!

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

Cyclists!!

Nothing against them in general saving the enviroment and everything but......

Buy some bloody lights!!!!

Its dark its raining and yet they happily put on a bike helmet and then venture out on to the road basically invisible to cars.

If you are gonna ride at night with no lights at least ride slowly on the pavement so i don't end up killing them and feeling guilty for the rest of my life cos i am now a killer.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    This has been doing my head in recently too - especially at night in the rain when its hard enough to see cars with lights on or cyclists without a deathwish wearing something flourescent
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Status
    All they need is one of those cheap red lights that thay just clip on their back at least that way i could see them before they are directly infront of my car!!

Come on even students must be able to afford one of those things.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

6th Gear

Status
    Or fit the bike with some sort of rubber bump stop at the back, so we can give them a gentle nudge at 30mph when we cant see them as they're wearing all black riding a black bike with only a reflector stuck on it in some sort of vague hope that it works.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Status
    I like the idea of a gentle nudge!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The thing that does my head in about cyclists is riding side by side! Why do they do it down a frikin narrow road with bollards(sp?) all the way down the middle of the road for a mile?! Any motorists wishing to pass them need to wait for an opening between said bollard and no traffic to come the other way, or literally follow them for the whole mile at 10-15mph? until the end of the road. Lucky for me, I have a wallop of torque to pass them swiftly and quickly with no danger to other motorists.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Status
    at least you can see them Jojo.

I try and be polite and say to said cyclist with no lights at the next available safe point to stop that they need to purchase some lights so that i don't end up killing them by accident. until then ride slowly on the pavement to stop yourself being deaded. More often than not they either ignore me or just say yeah thanks and then carry on down the road!!

Might have to purchase a big ass set off bullbars (made of rubber of course) that way i can as rodenal so nicely put it give them a gentle nudge

Brum brum

Status
    As a cyclist myself I am shocked at how stupid some people are riding their bikes. Do they seriously think - right, I'll put my black trousers on and my black fleece, then go out for a ride on my bike this evening. Madness.

The other alternative is for cyclists without lights to then ride on the pavement which is 'safer' for them but watch out if your a pedestrian.

I always have a small LED front and small LED rear on my bike - even if I go out during the day as you never know what might happen this time of year. At least that way I'm covered. If I know I'm going to be out in the dark then I have three lights on the front, three on the back plus flashing ankle bands. If someone doesn't see me then they must need their eyes testing.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

2nd Gear

Status
    in a nice small & quiet village on outskirts of huddersfield!!

My Social Networking

Add craigynett on Google+
    I'm a keen mountain biker & have to spend quite a bit of time on the roads getting to the nice offroad trails.

I've got 2 of those flashing rear LED lights, a pair of rechargeable & not cheap in the slightest twin halogen spots on the front then a crash hat mounted LED lamp

In total i've prob spent well over 200 on my lights. Didn't have to get anything as pricey for the front for on the road but when you're offroad, it's winter, pitch black & you're doing 30-40mph on good downhill stretches through woods etc you need to be able to see where you're going

As for riding side by side on the road. I hate these f*ckers with a passion!! It's always c*nts on road bikes!! When I go pedaling with my mates we always ride single file

Craig

Neutral

Status

Angry

I'm normally in my office by 6:30AM, the number of times I've had close calls with cyclists just ain't funny.
    The lack of lights, dark clothing and this mindset they have about not stopping at traffic lights..... Jeez!.

I saw one a few years ago cut across the front of me, coming the wrong way round a roundabout.

I'll add another candidate for Lemming of the Year... pedestrians crossing the road.

One this AM, decided on wearing dark clothes and crossing the road at the shallowest angle (spending the longest time on the road) rather than the shortest.
    It was only by chance (and her luck) that the street light caught the blonde hair outside her hat.

3rd Gear

Status
    The trouble with cyclists is they make such a mess on my bonnet

Brum brum

Status
    Yeah, it's quite fun as a cyclist leaving your imprint on a car driver's bonnet.

Serves them right for pulling out in front of me.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Lucky for me, I have a wallop of torque to pass them swiftly and quickly with no danger to other motorists.
    i like a good "wallop of torque"

nice use of words, knowing exactly what you are describing.

sweet
    wish i'd bought a beemer now....

Topper Harley

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356
    If I know I'm going to be out in the dark then I have three lights on the front, three on the back plus flashing ankle bands. If someone doesn't see me then they must need their eyes testing.
    You must look like a xmas tree

I always ride with a good set of lights front and back. I ride every day to work and back, all weathers, night or day. I always used to just wear a white t-shirt over my top, but I noticed a huge difference in people giving me more space when I started wearing a long sleeved high-vis vest.
    You still get idiots pull out on you or overtake you and turn left immediately though!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I pulled out of a junction and just manage to see the cyclist or else I would of hit him,I slowed the car down until he was alongside me and put the window down and said 'get some lights I nearly bloody killed you' and just stared at him to which he said 'sorry mate'.
    The police should be pulling these people and confiscating their bikes
    the fastest colour s3

RGBArgee
    Agree with you Jason. It seems that car drivers too are reluctant to turn their lights on too especially at this time of year!