Rawwwwrrrr

Randomjim

Reaction score
Moved into a new house in august and set up my broadband to be swapped over that same day so it would be 10 days from that day. November now and still no broadband. I'm raging this dial up is useless. First of all we had a phone line that worked but it wasn't with BT and we had no idea who it was with. Now there's a tag on the line which i have got removed as of today. Phoned my provider and still no broadband and they don't know how long it will take!!!!!!! If the people moving out had cancelled there f**king phone it would of been sorted in august. I hope they get a big fat bill from the use we had out of it before it was swapped to a bt line. :aggressive:

Rant over feel better now :rockwoot:

The saga continues, got a phone call from a bt engineer earlier. He says my phone will be cut off for about 10-15 minuites while he sets up the line for broadband. 3 hours later the phone rings and the guy is stumped. Normally takes 15 minuites tops, but 3 hours later and still no luck. Thing this phone line must be cursed.

wtf, is this all through BT?

I work for a telecoms company and cannot understand a few of the stories ive read about BT recently, well, actually, i can lol.

However, you moved into a house and there was a line there owned by another SP (service provider) and although you don't know who's name it is in, or who it belongs too, BT have let you transfer it over to them??!!

As long as the transfers sucessfully it should take 10 working days for them to move the line to BT, 3-4 days to get any 'tags' removed, and then 5 days for the ADSL to go live.

'Tags' I personally would relate to ADSL, not the line, which would mean the line is broadband enabled, so why the hell are they disabling the line to apply the broadband??!!!

I'm not sure what was happening really but it's all sorted now thank god.