If you kill someone in your car - runaway

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Can't believe the feeble laws in this country.
Was watching a program last night on channel 5 where some 19 year old chavvy ****** managed to kill his 17 year old girlfriend in his car on the A38.
Not surprisingly he had already been banned from driving so was trying to claim his dead girlfriend was driving despite being filmed at a petrol station 5 minutes earlier filling up and getting into the driving seat. On top of that a camcorder was recovered from the car with footage on it of him driving like a **** and bragging about burning off a scooby in his feeble Fiesta with Audi A8 wheels.
The dead girl was 5'2 and he was 6', the drivers seat was adjusted for a six footer, he had burns from the seat belt and the passenger belt was unused etc etc.
Despite all this evidence they could not prosecute him for death by dangerous driving unless he actually confessed!!! WTF?
They are quite happy to prosecute me for speeding without any proof I was driving.
Luckily he did confess and ended up in jail for 5 years.
What sort of message is this sending out to people who end up in serious accidents??

It's shocking 5 years!!! He'll be out in 3 or less if they run out of room. I think anyone in for murder should get the chair and then there would be loadsa space in the prisons.

AndyMac said:
How can he have a car/insurance/tax etc if he's of no fixed address?

The local paper printed his name and address when he was charged and he had to go in hiding as his life was threatened

At least on these Police... Camera... Action type programmes they have stopped giving a summary at the end of the programme - used to make me want to put my foot through the tv.
"The unisured driver who was twelve times over the drink driving limit when he killed a group of nuns and reversed over the bodies into a maternity ward before destroying a grade one listed building was given a month's suspended sentence and ordered not to be naughty again. The 14 year old driver with 400 offenses to his name pleaded guilty to the involuntary manslaughter of the visiting Japanese Ambassador and his entourage after speeding through the national gallery in a Chieftan tank while high on crack. He has been given his 100th ASBO and is currently on an activity holiday in the Carribean for young offenders...."

Its a shame the police council et all when they catch these scum bags with no tax or insurance or mot,don't just ring a tow truck up and get their car crushed,takes a shity car and criminal off the road and is good for the environment.

Absolutely, and the same for drink drivers, take them back for the official test, if positive then car gets crushed. No arguments, no waiting for an appeal or court case. Just deal with it in the same way drugs are confiscated when caught in posession. They don't hand the drugs back to the culprit and wait for the court case before confiscation.

AndyMac said:
Absolutely, and the same for drink drivers, take them back for the official test, if positive then car gets crushed. No arguments, no waiting for an appeal or court case. Just deal with it in the same way drugs are confiscated when caught in posession. They don't hand the drugs back to the culprit and wait for the court case before confiscation.

Agree with you there Andy with one proviso if the car is worth anything confiscate it and auction it off with the money going to victims of serious crime.

AndyMac said:

That's fine if the person's single but what if the person has a family etc who also need the car. You'd be punishing innocent people for someone elses crime.

I think it'd be far simpler to put the drunk driver in the crusher instead :jump:

Macduff said:
That's fine if the person's single but what if the person has a family etc who also need the car. You'd be punishing innocent people for someone elses crime.

Ummmm I think that's how a deterrant actually works isn't it?
They should really have thought of that before getting behind the wheel drunk. The family will suffer with or without the car being crushed, allowing the banned driver to keep the vehicle is just encouraging them to drive it while banned.
I'm sure you'd be just as sympathetic to the poor family if your loved ones were mown down by a ****** driver.

Deport them all to a forced labour camp and make them toil for 18hrs per day instead of plotting up in a cell and scheming how not to get caught next time.

^^^ I see that your recent problems have mellowed you out a bit :cool:

I think its to be expected after some theiving **** nicks my pride and joy.

other than that i'm great!