eBuyer.com and Google Pay

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
Just wanted to get this one off my chest.

I've used eBuyer in the past with no problems, and this time round, following heavy marketing (one email per week for a couple of months) promoting their link-up with Google Pay, I thought I might as well register with Google Pay and pay for my order that way. Order is processed ok, payment taken ok, order scheduled for dispatch on 21st August (I'd taken the free delivery option as I'm not in any hurry for the bits).

I realised that there was something I wanted adding to the order. Not a change to what I'd already ordered, but an extra item. The tab 'change order' was greyed out meaning I couldn't access it. I sent them an eNote to ask why I couldn't add an extra item, given it wouldn't be dispatched for 3 more working days so there was plenty of time for them to add it to the order.

They replied that 'as I had paid through a third party, they couldn't change the order'. I've been through the website and nowhere does it say 'warning, if you pay with Google Pay you are relinquishing your options to amend an order'.

Not the end of the world, but just pi**ed off.