Chris NottVolks Autos
    ding dang do

Status

IT contractor umbrella companies

as a contractor, i use an umbrella company for my invoicing and payroll.

well my umbrella co has just gone in to admin and i'm owed over Ł9k. they have said that they have gone in to admin to aid a financial reorg, and that i will be paid as normal! a financial reorg? admin? that is not the way it should happen in my eyes!!!

for obvious reasons, i'm not a happy man!!!! i dont trust them one little bit. have spoken to my pimp (aka agency) with a view to them withholding all payments that they are due to make late next week, and i will invoice in a different manner. not sure if this can be done.

v miffed off!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring the hammer, this needs persuading!

Coming back to Audi with an A4 Avant 2008 2.0TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    That's terrible news. You should name and shame the umbrella and whoever recommended them to you! Any particular reason why you're not running your own LTD?

Try http://forums.contractoruk.com/ for moral support and experienced advice.
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

1st Gear

Status
    Prosperity4 by any chance???

I am through Freelance Euro up here in Aberdeen and can't speak highly enough of them!

ding dang do

Status
    am already all over that forum pal!

only been contracting since March and wanted to find my footing before going fully in! thats why i'm not yet Ltd. this has made my mind up tho.

yep, P4 are the co. i've spoken directly with the official receivers today. they have assured me i will get all monies outstanding. i dont trust them tho...
    Bring the hammer, this needs persuading!

Coming back to Audi with an A4 Avant 2008 2.0TDI

1st Gear

Status
    My boss it thru p4 and he has been told to keep invoicing???

A number of umbrella companies have gone t^ts up recently but Freelance have obviously done their homework....enough plugging!

Good Luck mate anyways!!

Neutral

Status
    I used JSA for several years and found them to be brilliant, and I would recommend them to anyone. Before them I used a company called K&B who were shocking. They messed up the invoicing two months in a row and left me several thousand pounds in debt and were unable/unwilling to do anything about it. Needless to say they didn't get the chance to f*ck things up for a third month.

Brum brum

Status
    Hope you get your money.

On the bright side it might be a tax wheeze to stay one step ahead of HMRC... I know they keep closing the loopholes on umbrella companies so they have to keep amending how they operate.

I started contract / associate work this March and went straight for a Ltd company as many of the clients I work with won't deal with umbrella companies anymore.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

3rd Gear

Status
    Umbrellas, unless they ae simple PAYE umbrellas, are no longer legal. Thatis why they are shutting up shop. I can only imagine why p4 shut down that way. does not sound good to me.

Been contracting a number of years now. LTD is th only way to go. Gordo and his tax man suck the big one.
    1999 S4, MIJ Performance exhaust with 100 cell cats