Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,436

    New Island - A34, Shirley

    I'd like to know which prick designed this stupid island?! A total wasted of our time and our money!... sure it looks nice, but what purpose was it for?
    Clearly marked on the floor for 2 lanes of traffic to go round, it's impossible for 2 cars to drive round side by side all the way round, unless they we're both Nissan Micra's or smaller, add a van, truck or bus into the equation, and anyone lucky enough to be alongside would have to brake for their lifes or kerb their alloys to avoid... which in turn causes the traffic congestion again... very clever chaps.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    I'd like to know which prick designed this stupid island?! A total wasted of our time and our money!... sure it looks nice, but what purpose was it for?
    Clearly marked on the floor for 2 lanes of traffic to go round, it's impossible for 2 cars to drive round side by side all the way round, unless they we're both Nissan Micra's or smaller, add a van, truck or bus into the equation, and anyone lucky enough to be alongside would have to brake for their lifes or kerb their alloys to avoid... which in turn causes the traffic congestion again... very clever chaps.
    Its never really bothered me too much, but then again i drive a Toyota Yaris (until the S3 arrives ), but yeah i do understand what you are saying.

    The large island by the Audi dealers is pretty good. Its really wide, so you can go around it really fast! Would be more fun in a RWD car though.......

  4. #3
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,436
    Quote Originally Posted by IH786

    The large island by the Audi dealers is pretty good. Its really wide, so you can go around it really fast! Would be more fun in a RWD car though.......
    The larger island is a masterpiece of course, it gives me access to the Audi stealership going both ways, unlike the dual carriageway bit for the Honda dealership, and I happen to work just off Cranmore boulevard, which comes off the island also

    And yes, there's plenty of room for some practice drifting in your Skylines and RX7's!



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    The larger island is a masterpiece of course, it gives me access to the Audi stealership going both ways, unlike the dual carriageway bit for the Honda dealership, and I happen to work just off Cranmore boulevard, which comes off the island also

    And yes, there's plenty of room for some practice drifting in your Skylines and RX7's!
    I work on cranmore bvld too Just across the road from the Post Office, nect to David Lloyd gym. Where abouts do you work?

    Had a power cut this afternoon, someone cut thru power cables when digging the road Only lasted a couple of hours sadly, still had to stay at work.

  6. #5
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,436
    Sending you a PM.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  7. #6
    Les 51's Avatar
    A pint of Diesel please!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    687
    Never heard of it, but it sounds as bad as sitting on the A14 so I feel for you .
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

  8. #7
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 51
    Never heard of it, but it sounds as bad as sitting on the A14 so I feel for you .
    I don't think it's that bad lol, just that we had roadworks for something stupid like 10 weeks, which meant I had to detour an extra couple of miles to work each way for the whole period, and there was little or no benefit for the drivers after all that... a pointless island with no real benefit.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



  9. #8
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,436
    Well.. it's happened, there was 2 cars mounted in the middle of the island when I drove past 10 minutes ago, which would explain the more than usual congestion I was experiencing. Vauxhall Corsa vs Nissan QX, the Corsa took some heavy damage, and the Nissan, I think, was stopped by one of the poles in the island(the ones that hold the arrow plate) on the otherside, so guess he was going at quite a fast pace.



    99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400



 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO