A quick note to Gordon Brown

batwad

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Brown,

R.e.: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6730863.stm

When you take over the running of this country please could you ensure the government return to the rather important business of running the country rather than squabbling over coupons send to its customers. I think you'll agree little things like the economy and civil amenities are slightly more important.

Yours sincerely,
Peeved of Luton.

Typical of this government tinkering with trivialities in every area of life instead of concentrating on the big picture.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again............ We are now firmly in the era of, 'nero fiddles whilst Rome burns'........

..... and only drastic action can save us now!!

The government needs to be overthrown and beaten with big sticks until they realise they are not our parents or guardians (as such) and we do not want, need or desire to live in a ******* nanny-state that invades our private lives and descisions. It should not be up to the state to tell us what we can and cannot do within the realms of the law. To take drinking for an example. Many people like a drink to relax, enjoy themselves and forget about the ever increasing ***** that is heaped upon us everyday, much of it due to the government itself. Due to this life gets harder for many normal people and so its nice to have a means to escape and let your hair down if only for a little while. Yes, we all know the risks of drinking but if we listened to the government we'd all believe we're raging acoholics because we drink more than three pints a week. Yes, it should be the governments responsibility to make us aware of what we are doing to ourselves but they shouldn't interfere with everyday life and how we choose to live it. If the government really believes that stopping a business offering coupons for the sale of alcohol is something to be concerned with then they seriously should not be in government. Given the state of many national and international affairs I would have thought the government has bigger things to worry about, rather than how its population purchases alcohol. Why not ban the sale of bottle openers instead? This would prove just as effective I'm sure?! ******* *******!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to stop now because this kind of **** makes my blood boil!! :)

Just Plain Old said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again............ We are now firmly in the era of, 'nero fiddles whilst Rome burns'........

..... and only drastic action can save us now!!

What do you suggest JPO? I'm with you, whatever it is.

The government overthrow starts here and now!!!

:rockwoot:

God damn this country, its a pathetic shell of what it used to be.

Have people in government got nothing better to do with their time, it always makes me laugh when they go jetting off to Africa or India or some other ****-hole and try to make things right there, why not try sorting things out here first eh?

A4Quattro said:
God damn this country, its a pathetic shell of what it used to be.

Have people in government got nothing better to do with their time, it always makes me laugh when they go jetting off to Africa or India or some other ****-hole and try to make things right there, why not try sorting things out here first eh?

Here here as they say in parliament