Speeding!

RussUK

Reaction score
Just been caught speeding, 51 in a 40 so they say, what is really annoying is that there was a car next to me but they pulled me over.

It was a camera device on a tripod with two policemen operating it, as I approached them they hailed me over.

Got a fixed penalty of £60, need to produce my documents at a police station and 3 points.

Also I was clamped this week, which is another story!

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHH it's all going against me at the moment!!!

you have only yourself to blame unfortunately :(

been there done that (although i took my clamp off and got chased but thats another story!! lol)

nightmare mate - 2 bad things in quick succession, slow down, dont park anywhere dodgy, and hope that the third doesnt arrive.

Hmmm, at 61 in a 40 zone, you can't argue really that you weren't going that fast as that is 21 over the limit.
Sorry you got caught mate, heed the above advice :iagree:

You do know that bad things happen in three's.

:faint:

You got off lightly. I was 22 miles over in a 40 and got 4 points and 60 in the post. :aggressive:

Lock the car in the garage to save on the 3rd bad bit of luck being car related.

4 points is no different to 3 points in terms of totting up, so don't really know why they bother. They need to go the other way considering how easy it is to lose your licence on a single journey these days. 1 point for lesser speeding, 3 points for normal speeding say 15-20mph over and more for stupid speeding.
They don't seem to realise that banning people will have serious detrimental effects on their earnings potential long term. Keep them on the road = more £60 fines.

All I can say on the subject is 6 points on my licence and 6 points on my wifes licence in the last 12 months equals £200 extra on my Passat insurance premium! Can't wait for my S3 one to come along in September. :sadlike:

You need to change insurers Jo, I've got 9 on my licence (all in one year) and none of them have increased my premium, it actually went down this year. Maybe they're banking on the fact that I'll probably be off the road soon.
Although I'll be back down to just 3 in 4 weeks time (fingers well & truly crossed)

I go through a Broker called Hyperformance (part of allen&allen group) so it varies every year.
This year it's with HSBC (of all people) - £461 fully comp on 2.8Q including business mileage, but then I am an old duffer.
They were the only people who managed to get me cover at a semi reasonable price after I'd been banned for totting up 8 years ago and they've been consistently cheap ever since - 0208-939-3940

opps typo mistake, it was 51 in a 40 - still over I know, just sucks.

I think that was the 3rd thing, 1st was the water pump impeller (spell?) broke, brought forward my plans on changing the cambelt.

AndyMac said:
You need to change insurers Jo, I've got 9 on my licence (all in one year) and none of them have increased my premium, it actually went down this year. Maybe they're banking on the fact that I'll probably be off the road soon.
Although I'll be back down to just 3 in 4 weeks time (fingers well & truly crossed)

Yup, I have 2 weeks to shop around, my 6 points is written on my licence as an SP30 with £200 fine, which got the insurer baffled... like 'how come you got 6 points for an SP30?' ... I will give Hyperformance a try on Monday Andy, thanks.

RussUK - Sorry to hear about your bad day! I can fully sympathise at the moment - just waiting to recieve the letter to find out when my court hearing will be... at least you know where you stand from the off! Still, that'll teach me for topping 100mph!