Road Rage

cjp2k

Reaction score
Well on the way home today I was driving my mums fabia vRS. Set of lights that go from 2-1 lane, I always stay in the left lane, I was third in Line. Some pratt in a put put bike with L plates, some guy in a almera and then some guy in a battered m reg mondeo comes along, Lights go green I stay up the back of the jag in front as not to let the old chav grandad in his **** mondeo infront. As the road closes up. He puts his front nose into bo gap at all ... I braked so not to scatch the vRS. Beeped the horn and the nob head started laughing in his rear view mirror and mimiking me shaking my head:gun2:

At that point a see a young kid 2-3 climbing over the back seat not in a child seat. While hes mocking me car infron brakes, he slams his brakes on kid goes flying!! I hate people like this. The bloke must of been in his 60s. And I wanted to get out and kick the hell out of him! Not so bad cutting me up but letting a kid climb round the back seat:gun2:

Rant over
Chris

The guy is clearly a tosser, some guy did something similar to my missus in my A4 and while he was mouthing off to her he drove straight into someone else! HA I say... ******.

cjp2k said:
At that point a see a young kid 2-3 climbing over the back seat not in a child seat. While hes mocking me car infron brakes, he slams his brakes on kid goes flying!! I hate people like this. The bloke must of been in his 60s. And I wanted to get out and kick the hell out of him! Not so bad cutting me up but letting a kid climb round the back seat:gun2:
About five years ago I was travelling along the M25 in my Ford Puma. I was following a family in an ancient Renault 25, in the back of which were two kids, clearly not wearing their seatbelts.

We were in the outside lane and as we both went past the A127 junction towards Lakeside, a newish Toyota Corolla flies up the slip road in a rush to join the motorway. The guy settles very closely behind me as the traffic thickens and starts to slow down.

Annoyed, I looked in the distance to see the outside lane coming to a standstill, so signal left and move into the middle lane. As we got to the stationary traffic, I noticed cars in the outside lane braking very hard. Sure enough, the Renault - beside me at this point - stands on the anchors, just in time for the Corolla to plough HARD into the back of the Renault. There was smoke pouring from the Corolla's tyres as he locked up. I just had time to see another car hit the Toyota and then I was gone.

The incident really shook me up. I looked round the internet that night and thankfully couldn't find any reports of a serious accident. The stupidity that afternoon could be measured on two fronts; one, the parents should have made the kids wear their seatbelts, and two, the plank not concentrating nor maintaining a safe distance to the car in front.

Oh, and I vowed never, ever to buy a car without ABS ever again.

Hey, my Puma was a cool car! Could teach my Sportback a thing or two about handling and steering feel. Was once Top Gear Car Of The Year and has always had a five-star Evo magazine rating.