CAR PARKS...GRRRRRRR

DriveByShooters

Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine
Reaction score
Ok, is this just me or is anyone else really F**ked off with parking dents?
Even when sat in the flaming car this morning while the wife went into sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) a knob jockey opened his car door onto mine!:wtf:
I dunno about the rest of you but whenever i get out of my car i ALWAYS make sure not to even touch the car next to me.
Why oh why do people have no ****** respect. Im sick of it, so much i'll park in the wider mum and tot bays or even take up 2 spaces now. It really boils my blood.
Please tell me its not just me that wants to rip peoples heads off when they do it?:gun2: Ok rant over, councilling here i come!

i completly agree with you, as mine is a three door, when i open my door i put my hand on the corner bit so when people get into the back they dont swing the door back, if they did my hand would be there to protect the other cars paint work

Exactly!!!! Doesnt take much.....its just peoples total disrespect for other peoples property! God it winds me up!!!!!

yea that ****** me off, people do it more often to my van....then when i complain they say its only a van........yea 16k's worth!!!!

i bashed someones back though, cause she laughed when she opened it so hard into my van and pretended she couldnt here me!!

I dont care if its a shed on wheels or a zonda, i still would have respect. Im starting to see a pattern forming here. Maybe its not just me that wants blood. Surely its like a hit and run and we can claim off there insurance? Thing is, we tend to leave the dent alone cos you know dam well you'll get it sorted and some b*stard will do it again!

Yup, it's happened to me on a few occasions, and one even denied it, when there was a dink that lined up with their door :wtf: ?
I've seen a revenge attack though from my mate, it wasn't pretty, he decided to open his door on his G plate Honda Accord Aerodeck after the owner of the other car left, and he reversed with full throttle... it was quite bad, and nothing I would dream of doing... needless to say, we left in a hurry!

I don't let my kids (10 and 12) get out of the car in a car park if I have cars to the side of me. They have to wait until I get out and open the door for them, ensuring that there is no damage.

It's one of my bug-bears. Even if you park right at the extreme end of the lot, you can guarantee that some idiot will ignore the 50 empty spaces and park right next to you. Pack mentality....

Its just so annoying...especially this morning when i was sat IN the ****** car! Thinking of inventing a parking protection thingy......like the cut up tyres they have on tug boats!!!! Wan*ers the lot of em!!!! GRRRRRRRR

I'm reliably informed that this constitutes an RTA, therefore CAN BE Claimed off the other persons insurance.. But how many of us do?

Thats the thing, typical british, we moan like hell but never do anything about it.....but i gotta admit, im seriously considering it next time.......cos you just know there WILL ALWAYS BE a next time!!!

Another one of my pet hates this one - plain, old fashioned disrespect for others' property.

Along the same lines is when someone parks so close you can't get back in your car. Now I'm not the slimmest of people so I usually park in such a way that there's enough room for me to get my fat **** out of the car, without making any amendments to the design of the car next to me.

I've had a couple of times recently where some ignorant tw@ has parked so close I've had to ask them to move it (managed to find the culprit on this occasion, dozy mare) and climb in on the passenger side the 2nd time. I actually left that one a little note under the wiper asking them to leave me a f**king tin opener next time (plus a couple of other choice words).

And no, I wasn't taking up more room than I should and was parked parallel to the lines.

I remember when i bought my car, me and the wife commented on how straight it was. Not a single parking dent, now when you look there is 5 of the ****** things. Bugs the hell out of me. I did worry it was just me being fussy, hence the thread, but it seems like it is common accross the country!

The first night I owned my last car, a 97 A4, I parked out on the street over night. The next morning I came out to find some half breed had stubbed a lit ciggarette out on the roof. If I had of caught them Id still be doing time now!:nunu:

Had a friend who parked his relatively new Golf in a car park, only to come back to find a crappy old metro had parked next to him and dented his front door. He wasn't impressed, actually thats an understatement, he scrached w*nker into his door with his key.
Bet he's still got it lol

I once slowly pulled up into a parking space in my Puma at a B&Q car park, next to a white Micra, and this old dear suddenly got out, whacking my driver's door. When I got out to have a moan at her and check for damage, she started having a go at ME, telling me that "youngsters are always rushing all over the place"!!!

Instead of the red mist descending, I calmly pointed out that she probably has always blamed other people for the problems in her shameful life - while she continued to rant - and that she couldn't possibly be at fault for anything in her worthless, shoddy existence.

Then her middle-aged daughter stepped out of the Micra from the driver's side and started to complain a little too. So I promptly asked her for her insurance details. Never seen such an ugly, wrinkled face drop so rapidly. Thankfully, while only marked with a bit of cheap Nissan paint, there was no dent and a drop of T-Cut sorted it.

******** - an immediate, frank apology and I'd probably been okay about it.