Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Editor Audi-Sport.Net Magazine

Status

Angry CAR PARKS...GRRRRRRR

Ok, is this just me or is anyone else really F**ked off with parking dents?
    Even when sat in the flaming car this morning while the wife went into sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) a knob jockey opened his car door onto mine!
    I dunno about the rest of you but whenever i get out of my car i ALWAYS make sure not to even touch the car next to me.
    Why oh why do people have no bloody respect. Im sick of it, so much i'll park in the wider mum and tot bays or even take up 2 spaces now. It really boils my blood.
    Please tell me its not just me that wants to rip peoples heads off when they do it? Ok rant over, councilling here i come!

2. # ADS
    ADS

va va voom

Status
    i completly agree with you, as mine is a three door, when i open my door i put my hand on the corner bit so when people get into the back they dont swing the door back, if they did my hand would be there to protect the other cars paint work
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Status
    Exactly!!!! Doesnt take much.....its just peoples total disrespect for other peoples property! God it winds me up!!!!!

4th Gear

Status
    yea that pisses me off, people do it more often to my van....then when i complain they say its only a van........yea 16k's worth!!!!

i bashed someones back though, cause she laughed when she opened it so hard into my van and pretended she couldnt here me!!
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

Status
    I dont care if its a shed on wheels or a zonda, i still would have respect. Im starting to see a pattern forming here. Maybe its not just me that wants blood. Surely its like a hit and run and we can claim off there insurance? Thing is, we tend to leave the dent alone cos you know dam well you'll get it sorted and some b*stard will do it again!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Yup, it's happened to me on a few occasions, and one even denied it, when there was a dink that lined up with their door ?
    I've seen a revenge attack though from my mate, it wasn't pretty, he decided to open his door on his G plate Honda Accord Aerodeck after the owner of the other car left, and he reversed with full throttle... it was quite bad, and nothing I would dream of doing... needless to say, we left in a hurry!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

VOIP Dude

Status
    I don't let my kids (10 and 12) get out of the car in a car park if I have cars to the side of me. They have to wait until I get out and open the door for them, ensuring that there is no damage.

It's one of my bug-bears. Even if you park right at the extreme end of the lot, you can guarantee that some idiot will ignore the 50 empty spaces and park right next to you. Pack mentality....
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

Status
    Its just so annoying...especially this morning when i was sat IN the bloody car! Thinking of inventing a parking protection thingy......like the cut up tyres they have on tug boats!!!! Wan*ers the lot of em!!!! GRRRRRRRR

28v6
    I'm reliably informed that this constitutes an RTA, therefore CAN BE Claimed off the other persons insurance.. But how many of us do?

Status
    Thats the thing, typical british, we moan like hell but never do anything about it.....but i gotta admit, im seriously considering it next time.......cos you just know there WILL ALWAYS BE a next time!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Another one of my pet hates this one - plain, old fashioned disrespect for others' property.

Along the same lines is when someone parks so close you can't get back in your car. Now I'm not the slimmest of people so I usually park in such a way that there's enough room for me to get my fat arse out of the car, without making any amendments to the design of the car next to me.

I've had a couple of times recently where some ignorant tw@ has parked so close I've had to ask them to move it (managed to find the culprit on this occasion, dozy mare) and climb in on the passenger side the 2nd time. I actually left that one a little note under the wiper asking them to leave me a f**king tin opener next time (plus a couple of other choice words).

And no, I wasn't taking up more room than I should and was parked parallel to the lines.
    Justin

2001 VW Golf 2.3 V5 (170) Highline, Indigo Blue - standard, for now...

A4 (B5) SE with a few slight amendments here and there (sold)

My BM is fixed!

Status
    I'll agree with this, just look at my thread... What makes people so nasty
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Status
    I remember when i bought my car, me and the wife commented on how straight it was. Not a single parking dent, now when you look there is 5 of the bloody things. Bugs the hell out of me. I did worry it was just me being fussy, hence the thread, but it seems like it is common accross the country!

5th Gear

Status
    The first night I owned my last car, a 97 A4, I parked out on the street over night. The next morning I came out to find some half breed had stubbed a lit ciggarette out on the roof. If I had of caught them Id still be doing time now!

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    Had a friend who parked his relatively new Golf in a car park, only to come back to find a crappy old metro had parked next to him and dented his front door. He wasn't impressed, actually thats an understatement, he scrached w*nker into his door with his key.
    Bet he's still got it lol
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

Status
    I once slowly pulled up into a parking space in my Puma at a B&Q car park, next to a white Micra, and this old dear suddenly got out, whacking my driver's door. When I got out to have a moan at her and check for damage, she started having a go at ME, telling me that "youngsters are always rushing all over the place"!!!

Instead of the red mist descending, I calmly pointed out that she probably has always blamed other people for the problems in her shameful life - while she continued to rant - and that she couldn't possibly be at fault for anything in her worthless, shoddy existence.

Then her middle-aged daughter stepped out of the Micra from the driver's side and started to complain a little too. So I promptly asked her for her insurance details. Never seen such an ugly, wrinkled face drop so rapidly. Thankfully, while only marked with a bit of cheap Nissan paint, there was no dent and a drop of T-Cut sorted it.

*******s - an immediate, frank apology and I'd probably been okay about it.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink