Why is it so F--in hard to open carrier bags???

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Is it just me is or is there some symetrical of the dymetrical metaphysical voodoo science to opening carrier bags (and bin bags) that only doris' have mastered? :think:

:) I don't often have a problem with carrier bags but agree about bin liners... and I'm a doris!!! :ermm:

whats a name for men 'doris's then?...

I tend to find that after approximately 1min 23secs of standing at the checkout trying to open the same bag, the cashier gets the message, and starts packing...............

Either that or they push the hidden button that starts a strobe with the power of 6 suns flashing, together with a buzzer that's obviously designed to instantly 'get yur back up'............ And you think, have I just used a stolen credit card, or what?? Then as everyone stares at you, a woman that usually resembles a cross between Hitlers Grandmother and a rotwhiler[sp], emerges and asks between clenched teeth, 'would you like some help with packing sir'?? No,,, just thought I'd examine this sheet of plastic with no obvoius signs of an opening for the hell of it..........

Just Plain Old said:
I tend to find that after approximately 1min 23secs of standing at the checkout trying to open the same bag, the cashier gets the message, and starts packing...............

Either that or they push the hidden button that starts a strobe with the power of 6 suns flashing, together with a buzzer that's obviously designed to instantly 'get yur back up'............ And you think, have I just used a stolen credit card, or what?? Then as everyone stares at you, a woman that usually resembles a cross between Hitlers Grandmother and a rotwhiler[sp], emerges and asks between clenched teeth, 'would you like some help with packing sir'?? No,,, just thought I'd examine this sheet of plastic with no obvoius signs of an opening for the hell of it..........

Good rant JPO! :applaus: For some reason I don't seem to have aproblem with the shopping bags, mainly the bin bags that are rolled up.

Thing is see.. men are almost too proud to ask for help at the start. To avoid having to struggle to open a carrier bag.. you should just ask the cashier 'please can you help me pack? that is all you need to mumble. :)

But being a man, you like to show women or fellow men how to open carrier bags the proper man way. :lmfao:

Ming Blue said:
Thing is see.. men are almost too proud to ask for help at the start. To avoid having to struggle to open a carrier bag.. you should just ask the cashier 'please can you help me pack? that is all you need to mumble. :)

But being a man, you like to show women or fellow men how to open carrier bags the proper man way. :lmfao:

Errr...'Scuse me, 'Scuse me:whip: "Men" are never to proud to ask for help ...particularly when it cums to the art of "Opening things" if you catch my meaning:sex: ;)

Oh! And then theres But being a man, you like to show women... how to open ;) ;) the proper man way the proper way IS The Only Way, but as usual the women always always spoils MANS Efforts.. With "Your not putting that thing! any where near me......" Or "If I wanted a tooth pick I'd have asked for one...." so who is it thats on about a right an' wrong way ???:think:

"Hear endeth the lesshon":detective2: - Sean Connery (The Untouchables):detective2:

;)

carrier bags were on about here Mr D... but good efforts for getting your knickers in a twist. :rolleyes:

Don't go there Dude ... Don't go there, I heard all about the "Twisted Thong" Missy:moa: :kiss:

I was struggling with one of those black bin liners last night, the cheaper they are the harder it is to open the ******* things. :think:

Incidently, i wouldn't bother buying those cheap ones from Sainsburys cos i ripped one in half getting it out of the bin last night and the ****** emptied itself all over the kitchen floor.

Has nobody else figured out that all you need to do is lick your thumb and index finger to be able to open bags easily?

batwad said:
Has nobody else figured out that all you need to do is lick your thumb and index finger to be able to open bags easily?

I find swearing aggressively generally works quite well.

batwad said:

******! The first time I know something you guys dont and I get beaten to it....

batwad said:

I was going to suggest a better way...but I would make myself sound like a fool for trying to explain it lol

Ed said:
I was going to suggest a better way...but I would make myself sound like a fool for trying to explain it lol

every little helps... lol! have you seen the messy tesco carriers these days? they look like rags..