AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Amusing Tagline

Status

Thumbs down Builders + roof - tiles = Damaged A4!

Its taken me a while to report this on here, been busy sorting things out!
    Anyway, we had some builders working on our roof, doing some lead work. The car was parked on the other side of the house to the work men (who didnt even announce their arrival), hence why we didn't move the car!

My kids had been playing in the garden, just before school. They had litrally just got into the car when several lumps of concrete came crashing down off the roof, and onto the car. 30 seconds earlier and it could have been on one of my children's heads.

Obviously, when my mrs rang to tell me what had happened, I rushed home from work to 'have a word' with the cowboys and view the damage. Its mainly paint work - bonnet, bumpers, boot, both wings, both o/s doors.

I spoke to the head of this company, who admitted liability and apologuised for the danger he had put my family in. He also has agreed to pay for repairs.

Now, there are a few scratches that were there before, but close to the damage they caused, that I will be getting repaired at their expense, but what I don't want to happen is for the car to become several shades of blue. As most of the panels on the car have had some sort of paintwork damage caused by this company, do you think it would be best to get a full respray, rather than just the scratches???
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    If their paying, then a full respray it is! (after all it's due to their incompetence!)
    ----------
    VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport
    2005 - 55 reg.

A4 Avant 1.8T Sport - Sold March 09
    1997 - R reg.

Amusing Tagline

Status
    Yeh. Suppose I should get it in writing that they admit liabilty and will pay for the repairs.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that the windscreen is pitted all over, so that will have to be replaced too!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

va va voom

Status
    then put a CCTV out side the house,

because the cowboys will get a telling off and you dont want them to come back and damage your car,

if you know what i mean
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol