Telemarketing calls

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I keep getting these f###### calling me on my mobile asking if i want to upgrade, I work for a communications company for f#### sake!

I have now registered my mobile with TPS, having registered my house some time ago, if you haven't, you should....

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

well never had problems with mobile but for house phone tps works great. we still get the odd telesales but as soon as you mention that you'r listed with tps they get the message pretty quick. mind you had a survey phone call the other day and i asked where they got my number and apparently they use the local area code plus the next number then just randomly guess the rest :unsure: :uhm:

I had the Halifax plague me with calls for insurance when I took out a credit card with them, in the end when they called I said "i'll just go get him" then i'd leave the receiver on the desk and walk off.

a lot of places when they dial out cannot hang up once a "customer" has picekd up, so if u dont mind ur line being busy for a coupla hours, just put the phone on silent an forget about them for a while. It f#### their work station for a while as many dont have the facilty to cancel the call!! option 2 is keep a whistle beside the phone for these special calls

enjoy

A4Quattro said:
I had the Halifax plague me with calls for insurance when I took out a credit card with them, in the end when they called I said "i'll just go get him" then i'd leave the receiver on the desk and walk off.

:laugh: I'm going to use that one next time I get a sales call.

Oh yes TPS works wonders, stopped all telemarketing calls, only damn ones I just can't stop is BT!! Love that trick of leaving the phone line busy for a few hours :icon_thumright:

I registered with TPS

Got a few calls from "Loopy Mobiles" for about 3 months they have since stopped and been ok since!!

im polite the first time, then i start to just hang up on them. if they persist after that i just tell em to Duck off. same when you put a car in autotrader, those tossers who ring up all day with buyers for your car. I tell them to **** off too. I kind of enjoy it, they just go quiet on the phone and dont know what to say!

SteveS said:
im polite the first time, then i start to just hang up on them. if they persist after that i just tell em to **** off. same when you put a car in autotrader, those tossers who ring up all day with buyers for your car. I tell them to **** off too. I kind of enjoy it, they just go quiet on the phone and dont know what to say!

I had this when I sold my Supra, it was
Them: "we have lots of buyers lined up now for your car"
Me: "oh really, these people want my car and they come to you to find one?"
Them: "yes we offer that service"
Me: "do they have to pay for it?"
Them "yes"
Me: "are all your customers illiterate?"
Them: "I don't understand what you mean"
Me: "your customers must be illiterate, My car is in Autotrader, so surely it would be cheaper for them to have a look instead of paying you to do it?"
Them: "we take away all the hassle for the buyers and arrange finance etc"
Me: "okay well how much does this cost me?"
Them: "39 quid (or something like that) but we have guaranteed buyers lined up"
Me: "well i tell you what, when I sell my car through you i'll give you the 39 quid, if you can guarantee you'll sell it thats no problem then is it"
Them: "you have to pay first sir"
Me: "I don't think so, sell the car, then i'll pay you."
Them: "we can't do it like that sir, we have to take payment first then we put buyers in contact with you"
Me: "look PAL, i don't know what boat you think I sailed in on, but I know this is a ###### con, don't tell me you have loads of buyers who don't read the auto trader, but have heard of your stupid company and have PAID you to search for them, you must think people are stupid. Well i'm not and you have wasted enough of my time, now **** off"
Them: "we have got people line up though sir"
Me: "CLICK...dooooooooo"

OutLore said:
Just transfer them back to their own call centre.

Bit difficult (impossible) to transfer someone from a mobile or landline at home. Maybe at work.

exellent conversation:laugh: and they always fone your mobile when your in the bank or toilet or got grease all over your hands. ###kers.

I say I'm really interested, but a bit busy at the moment. I ask them politely for their home phone number and then suggest that I ring them back at a more convenient time for me - say 2am. That usually gets rid of them.

A4Quattro said:
Bit difficult (impossible) to transfer someone from a mobile or landline at home. Maybe at work.

Yeah, I forget that most people only have 1 line coming into their house... DOH!!!:keule:

Never tried it, but you could create a conference call on your mobile and then drop out... I think with most UK providors it leaves the conversation active. But you might end up paying for the call though.

jcs356 said:
I say I'm really interested, but a bit busy at the moment. I ask them politely for their home phone number and then suggest that I ring them back at a more convenient time for me - say 2am. That usually gets rid of them.

Yet another good one :laugh: