Bl**dy weather

jcs356

Brum brum
Reaction score
OK, I know they've been warning it was going to be windy today, but it has snapped one of my fence posts in the back garden. Problem is that I only replaced the whole fence 4 years ago. Typical.

Tell me about it mate!

Fence panels have gone over in my garden and the felt has been ripped of my shed roof!

someone in england was killed today when a tree was blown on to his car

i saw that on the news earlier!

A4Quattro said:
****** DIY bodgers!

Oi, dont you go calling me a DIY bodger, the fence was up when i bought the house and the shed was brand new when we moved in! :p

A4Quattro said:
****** DIY bodgers!

Hey, that fence was a masterpiece!:o.k:

Just got back from the swimming pool and had to join with another 10 motorists to pull a tree that had fallen right across the road to the side so at least you could get past single file. Although there were 10 of us, we were really struggling - it was a big tree. Loads of other folks were just sat in their cars waiting for us to move it. They could have helped. Feckers.

Maybe i'll pop this ****** in the boot if I go out later then....
18012007072sb5.jpg

jcs356 said:
Just got back from the swimming pool and had to join with another 10 motorists to pull a tree that had fallen right across the road to the side so at least you could get past single file. Although there were 10 of us, we were really struggling - it was a big tree. Loads of other folks were just sat in their cars waiting for us to move it. They could have helped. Feckers.

Should of moved it so you could all get past, then put it back again, let the feckers do it themselves, if they carn't be bothered to help

A4Quattro said:
Maybe i'll pop this ****** in the boot if I go out later then....

Just don't wear one of these:

hockey-mask.jpg

funny enough I do have one of them I got for haloween, its got a clear plastic cover and a little squeezy bottle to pump ****** thru it, that'll go down a treat!

Tell me about it 3.5 hrs to travel 60 miles home from Chesterfield over the Derbyshire Tops. Diverted three times by police or serious, serious accidents.

I have seen 4 HGVs on their side today in some horrific circumstances. It's the poor bu##ers in them you got to feel sorry for.

Also major debris flying about ... car/windscreen hit at least half dozen times by some UFO. Got home in dark so could not really check for dints etc.

Anyway good to be home safe but there will be some long journey's for people tonight and some long days by the emergency services ... bless em!

ps. Thankyou Tom Tom!!

my eleven year old was walking down the street and a tree fell down fifteen feet away from him and his mate,this don't sound too bad but the tree was a monster it went diagonally across the road with the top in an alleyway it the trunk was about four feet high laying down
don't want to think about if he'd been a bit late

It's not the weather that's the problem. It's this country's complete inability to deal with extremes that's more irritating. If it's windy, the roads, railways and airports close. If it's snowing, the roads, railways and airports close. Hell, if it's too hot, the roads, railways and airports close because the ground beneath them has melted ...

got home from work and checked the garden for more damage. when i left for work there was just 2 fence panels that were fuc*ed! When i got home we had a total of 11 panels that are way beyond repair and the garden is open now to the park to the left of our house!

voorhees said:
my eleven year old was walking down the street and a tree fell down fifteen feet away from him and his mate,this don't sound too bad but the tree was a monster it went diagonally across the road with the top in an alleyway it the trunk was about four feet high laying down
don't want to think about if he'd been a bit late

Frightening, its does'nt bare thinkin about.

As I came through Disley (Near Stockport) about a four or five really old trees (similar size 4' + dia) had fallen across the A6 adjacent to Lymm Park (National Trust). Fortunately by the time I got there the emergency services (or some now very rich tree surgeons) had sawn them up and left the remains for collection at the side of the road.

It was a wicked day yesterday and by all counts next week it is going to worse with predicted blizzards (potentially worse than 1947 - worst Feb on record)

Get your shovel out and put it in the car ....